Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Star Wolves

Star Wolves 3D space RPG with deep strategy and tactical elements

View Poll Results: What should I Prioritize on?
Basebuilding! 1 25.00%
Balancing! 0 0%
The Mod Manager! 0 0%
Asteroid ore-dropping! 0 0%
Intensive Bugfixing! 3 75.00%
Voters: 4. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-22-2020, 11:00 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Hey! Really sorry for this, but I can't find the cause of the bug as of now, it slipped due to the way I've tested for the time I was developing the mod actively.

If you still want to play the mod, I would recommend just using the latest versions prior to 0.8.1, these should be hosted on the ModDB Page of the mod.

I'll try to find and fix the bug, but I can't promise anything ^^.
Nowadays im working more on my own games instead of modding ancient relicts like star wolves if you know what I mean
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)
Old 01-19-2021, 08:11 AM
Approved Member

I know you have spent yourself working on this old game that is probably played by less than 10 people, and i am very thankful for what you have done all these years, but can i ask if you could add to the game the corvets and fighters from the star wolves 1 mods, i think you already had them in the files.
I am not sure i can do it myself even if you tell me how.

Again i thank you for this huge mod, for adding everything and keeping this game alive all the way to 2021. I would have loved to see the idea you had with the prestos corp, the tamplers and the new aliens in its finished state, it looked great.

I would like to see you new projects too some day.
Thank you for the mod again.
And thanks in advance for my selfish request.
Old 01-19-2021, 10:26 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Thank you for the kind words

I fear you have to be a bit more precise when mentioning the star wolves 1 mod fighters, the names would be kind of important, maybe even pictures.

The only fighters I can think of the top of my head is the Elefant maybe, but that one is in the market caravan.

As for the mod: I may include it in a mini-update, or as a standalone patch (independent from mod) for the base game if you'd like to.

The future of the mod itself is looking pretty grim, my interest has dimnished for a good while, just last year I got a bit back more into it via learning how memory manipulation works in Win32 environments via Injection and stuff, pretty cool to be honest. But considering that, its not like coding in outdated lua (4.0.1) and Win32-oriented C++ is fun or something.

I guess its just more likely I'll make another mod for another game which has a bit more "future". StarSector or Avorion would come to mind, although Avorion has really not much to do, its like a Sandbox which never goes beyond of just you being in a ... well... sandbox.

The alternative is of course an actual new game, but that still a long way out.
I don't want to dive in game dev and break my neck or something, everything relevant has to be learned first of course
Discord: Nocalora#6847 | SW3.Expansion Thread | SWX.MouseMovementFix | SWX.TUVMark+Src (.tuv editing Tool) | SWX.SLOTMark+Src (.ini Slots editing Tool)
Old 01-20-2021, 08:21 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the fast reply.
The ships i am talking about i think were from Legacy of the empire mod and Radan mod, moust of the ships were resized transports with names such as Dragon(portal transport), Fenrir(heavy transport) , Anaconda(cavalier with 4 turrents) also some motherships like the Stone turtle.

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=16158

https://www.elite-games.ru/starwolfs/sw1/mods.shtml

Klever team mod ships.
Old 01-26-2021, 01:06 PM
Approved Member

I can also send pilots voice over (in bulgarian) of the entire first game, if it can be useful in some way.
How's it going with adding the ships? I hope I am not asking for too much.
Old 02-05-2021, 03:05 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

I think most if not all ships have actually been ported over, I can find references like "STARROVER_BS1_GAMER_Anaconda" with the IMD linking to the actual anaconda ship ie the cavalier you mentioned.

The only real thing left to do is to add it to a seller and or merchant.
The easiest shop interface you can add it to would be the TemplarShop (Game location based in Nanite System)
-files:
- EXP-TemplarShop.lua
- Scripts/Trade/DialogTEShop_*.xml

Otherwise you can add it to the "old" interfaces such as Goblin wizard's fighter shop.
-files:
- gw_fig_shop.lua
- Scripts/Trade/DialogGW.xml

I hope you can figure out what to do by looking at how the other fighters are implemented. I'd gladly do it for you and put out a small patch, but I really don't have time even simple stuff like this.

If it proves to be too difficult let me know, otherwise happy piloting.
Old 02-11-2021, 04:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nocalora29 View Post
Thank you for the kind words

I guess its just more likely I'll make another mod for another game which has a bit more "future". StarSector or Avorion would come to mind, although Avorion has really not much to do, its like a Sandbox which never goes beyond of just you being in a ... well... sandbox.

:
If you ever take a stab at Starsector please let us know I spend way too much time playing heavily modded version of the game
Old 11-01-2021, 12:49 PM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Not related to the mod, but I've recently made a .NET 6 based commandline IMD Importer in C# that can export to .obj.

So I thought I'd share it to the few here who might need it.

Bin: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1kaq...ew?usp=sharing
*Info: Does NOT include a IMD Exporter. [ALSO: The importer does keep the information about GELP, GBNDs, GREFS, etc in memory, but it doesn't export them]

enjoy

Last edited by nocalora29; 01-01-2022 at 11:24 PM.
Old 06-13-2023, 04:22 PM
Registered Member

Sorry for necroing thread after 1,5 years but i got stuck on the last mission 20a.
Here is my log file from the mission 19a i suppose and the 20a.
I think the problem is that Adm. Trump for some reason won't join my crew and i will not switched from the mothership he gave in previous mission to the Lion Mk2 he's piloting.
If really that's supposed to happen, since i played only the Triada and NESF story lines in vanilla and this is my first playthough with NSF.

https://mega.nz/file/90dVkRqL#pC8PXk...bV-xQq36vE6d_U
Old 06-14-2023, 05:49 AM
¯\_ ͯ‿ ͯ_/¯

Hey Doktrz, do you mind sharing a save file just a system before the issue occurs? The log file doesn't quite explain whats going on in this particular issue sadly.