Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 10-18-2010, 08:40 PM
Approved Member

This is interesting and is fun on Arcade, but you can't get rid of the virtual cockpit, pull up warnings, and other players deceit.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:46 PM
Registered Member

im talking about the boxes around the planes. the red and green. these boxes are not on Realistic when hud off. not sure about on arcade. the other stuff is just console bs we always have to deal with.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:53 PM
Approved Member

Yes well, might as well play Sim though. All you have to do in Realistic without HUD is press a button and you find your target is a enemy 4km away. It can take getting as close as 0.60km to identify a target in Sim.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:58 PM
Registered Member

?? there are no numbers. yea you can target them but if they are few miles out you can barely even see them unless its a clear day. no distance on the target. its pretty much the same as Sim but you can see your plane and not have the horrible cockpit or first person view. i enjoy the the graphics and love seeing my plane. and every time i do play sim the fighting takes place about 100 ft off ground and its all spits.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:00 PM
Approved Member

Whatever you prefer. Had a game on Sim this morning with a friend of mine, clearly saw a dot at 3km at least. At night, hazy.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:09 PM
Approved Member

"every time i do play sim the fighting takes place about 100 ft off ground and its all spits"

they hug the deck because its easier to spot the dot (e/a) against the wild blue yonder than it is camoflauged against the scenery. the longer you play the more you are able to distinguish planes by using the map and looking in the direction where they "should" be. as far as everyone using spits...set up a different theme. last night we had FWs against p47s & p 51s vs FWs....but you can make it whatever you want and its actually a lot of fun. everyone flies a challenging a/c..makes the game interesting.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:10 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korsakov829 View Post
Whatever you prefer. Had a game on Sim this morning with a friend of mine, clearly saw a dot at 3km at least. At night, hazy.
ok i get what your saying but still not the same thing. without the hud you can still hide. you can get in clouds, low to ground and everything sim has. there is still radar on sim so its the same thing. of course you can see a plane from far if they are in the open. just trying to play with some guys that don't want the low level spitfire fights on sim.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:15 PM
Approved Member

Your forgetting the target camera mate. I prefer to go at 5000 feet sometimes, so people have to come off the ground.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:21 PM
Registered Member

target cam is great. still hard to see directions and speed without numbers but the camera helps alot. alows weaker players to find you also.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:25 PM
Approved Member

My TV sucks so I can't read my altitude or speed anyway. Sorry but this isn't for me, I would prefer Sim over no hud Realistic.