Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey

IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey Famous title comes to consoles.

Old 12-09-2009, 12:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factor View Post
Flak is now murderous. To destroy ground targets around any Flak guns, i have to come in tree top level and fast. Which makes targeting very difficult when playing with all HUD disabled.
Any difference in how the bombsight looks? On 360 it can be very difficult to see the aiming reticule, sometimes making ground attack missions more annoying than fun.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:38 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wissam24 View Post
How do you jam the flaps in the first place?

Oh and is the TA unlock now for EVERYONE?
I've jammed them while in landing mode going down to fast.

Yes I believe one win in MP will unlock the plane. But the turn rate sucks.
Old 12-09-2009, 12:48 AM
Registered Member

I got the Ta after I won my first online match. And I didn't buy the DLC.

flynlion: Bombsight remains the same...
Old 12-09-2009, 03:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
I've jammed them while in landing mode going down to fast.

Yes I believe one win in MP will unlock the plane. But the turn rate sucks.
yes, I like this feature too. Before you could use your flaps and gear to decrease your speed in a fraction of a second, now if you are going too fast and apply landing flaps you will jammed them, just like in il2 1946 I seem to be able to set my flaps to take off more often now.

I wonder if the same happens if you are going too fast when lowering the gear, has anyone tried this to see if you get "Gear Damaged"?
Old 12-09-2009, 03:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edal86 View Post
yes, I like this feature too. Before you could use your flaps and gear to decrease your speed in a fraction of a second, now if you are going too fast and apply landing flaps you will jammed them, just like in il2 1946 I seem to be able to set my flaps to take off more often now.

I wonder if the same happens if you are going too fast when lowering the gear, has anyone tried this to see if you get "Gear Damaged"?
I lowered my gear at the same time but they didn't rip off.

Edit: LOL I could still raise them.

Last edited by trk29; 12-09-2009 at 02:49 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 05:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by trk29 View Post
I lowered my gear at the same time but they didn't rip off.
They shouldn't rip off, they're designed to take the stress of landing LoL. But in a real plane you might damage other things like gear doors and retract mechanicals etc, which is why planes that have exposed wheel machinery usually have a much higher gear extension speed then those with slick "covered up" wells.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biophil12 View Post
flynlion: Bombsight remains the same...
Rats. Thanks for the info, but I thought this was something they were gonna fix. Oh well.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:48 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by edal86 View Post
...now if you are going too fast and apply landing flaps you will jammed them, just like in il2 1946
100% guaranteed jamming is to die with them in combat mode, then respawn, forget to raise them and dive toward the ground at about 60+ degrees with WEP
Old 02-15-2010, 11:22 PM
Registered Member

First I'd like to say I've just bought the game thinking of the PC version but this is not even close in realism to the PC version. At first look it's more like a completly different game.

Custom setup is greyed out even though I have a keyboard connected.
So it it doesn't work. If anybody has a fix for it please post it.
What I really miss is assignable joystick buttons like in the PC version. I hope that will come one day.
Regards
Old 02-15-2010, 11:46 PM
Approved Member

go to layouts first then select custom layout, when you go back custom setup won't be greyed out. Then you can assign buttons etc. Zoom won't work tho.
Old 02-18-2010, 01:31 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynlion View Post
They shouldn't rip off, they're designed to take the stress of landing LoL. But in a real plane you might damage other things like gear doors and retract mechanicals etc, which is why planes that have exposed wheel machinery usually have a much higher gear extension speed then those with slick "covered up" wells.
Right the gear will eventually break if you fly too fast with gear down, you might be able to land on it, but probably not raise it. Doesn't seem to do that in BOP though

It's interesting that they've used pressure sensitivity to set a guns/cannons choice, but I don't notice it in aviator layout, which makes it useless for me

If they'd only done one thing in the patch, it should be the score fix, unfortunately they didn't get it right. Fixed would be -5 points for a death. Any pilot who will ditch 5 planes to get one kill would be court-martialed and shipped off to infantry to serve in a punishment battalion somewhere.
It's the biggest reason why online combat is so fake, just like most first-person shooters.

Sure, if deaths were -5 points, everyone would end up with 0 points. Well then everybody loses and they deserve it. People would wise up and try to stay alive instead of flying around in circles in a line.