Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 03-16-2022, 05:51 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the reports Fhechene,

I'll pass these on. Reports like this do help to get the fixing process started.

The work to fix some of the bug reports in this thread has already been done in theory. But be aware it seems the team is reluctant to make a new SFS file just for map fixes, so the fixes might not be included in the next patch unless a new map is completed.

By the way, I looked for the Balaton bug, and I can't find it either.

Last edited by JacksonsGhost; 03-16-2022 at 06:22 AM. Reason: Added comment
Old 09-02-2022, 12:15 PM
Approved Member

Latest map bug report:

Airfield nearest Fort Pilastrino, SW of Tobruk, on Tobruk map:

AI aircraft taxi into walls when taxiing to park at this airfield. Tested in 4.15.

Edit: This only seems to be a problem for certain aircraft. For example, if you set up a mission that has a medium sized aircraft, such as the A-20C, landing from the South-West end of the runway, the first aircraft in will usually exit the runway to the right and double back until it strikes the wall near Grid 127.0, 161.5 (near the control tower). If you run the same mission using A B-24D they seem to use a different taxi path and avoid such collision. Thanks to emmett_grogan at M4T for pointing out to me that this bug can be hard to find.

Last edited by JacksonsGhost; 09-03-2022 at 07:07 AM.
Old 09-03-2022, 01:50 PM
Approved Member

To add to the previous post, Emmett has requested that I report an additional bug at the same airfield.

He says "P-40s simply vanish - de-spawn without attempting to park, when landing SW>NE. The single runway point they land on terminates beyond the two runway points at the NE end, guessing the Kittyhawks see those end-points first but they have no taxiway attached" (so they disappear).

He also says "add Sidi Rezegh (also Tobruk, AO14/9) to your 'broken' list. Beaufighters roll out beyond the only taxiway, at the mid-point of the runway, carry on down the strip" (and disappear).
Old 09-04-2022, 10:26 AM
Approved Member

Hi Mike,

I checked both airfields:

- Sidi Rezegh: it seems the runway is too short to allow anything larger than a single-endined fighter to slow down and turn in the middle of the runway. I guess adding taxi points at both ends of the runway could solve the problem.

- Fort Pilastrino: again guessing here, the taxi points for SW->NW runway are connected further from the runway point with respect to the opposite runways and out of its "influence" radius. Moving the taxi points closer could solve the problem.

in both cases the solution could cause problems with existing missions if objects have been placed along the taxi path...

Last edited by _1SMV_Gitano; 09-04-2022 at 10:32 AM.
Old 09-04-2022, 12:00 PM
Approved Member

Thanks for the quick response Nicola!

Hopefully you saw my edit on the wall collisions in my previous post.

Regarding broken old missions, I would trade that to fix map bugs in the current game any day. Mission builders can fix broken missions, but not broken maps. Almost every patch affects old missions in some way anyway. It is kind of expected. I think it is a small price to pay for a better end product.
Old 09-04-2022, 06:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsGhost View Post
Thanks for the quick response Nicola!

Hopefully you saw my edit on the wall collisions in my previous post.

Regarding broken old missions, I would trade that to fix map bugs in the current game any day. Mission builders can fix broken missions, but not broken maps. Almost every patch affects old missions in some way anyway. It is kind of expected. I think it is a small price to pay for a better end product.
Thanks Mike,

I will make the changes and share them for everyone to test
Old 09-06-2022, 01:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _1SMV_Gitano View Post
I will make the changes and share them for everyone to test
Thank you.
Old 09-09-2022, 07:10 PM
Approved Member

Default Ardennes map issue

Hi , know the main topic is new guinea maps but on the ardennes summer and winter maps if you use the eindhoven concrete runways they both have spawn points at each end. However if you place your take off points on wider runway you still spawn on the lesser width runway.