Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 09-06-2021, 12:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneGunnerUnder View Post
I managed to patch my Steam game up to 4.14 with no problem, but I kept a clean copy of the game in my Documents folder just in case something went wrong. Do you have any info about people who had issues patching their Steam version of the game?
Yeah, the backup install is always great advice! Re Steam, there's this thread where a player apparently broke the Steam install by using the usual M4T patch (on my advice ), and then they detail at post #6 how to actually get it to work:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=230340

There are also some warnings in the thread about 4.14 in general. It seems to have caused problems for some people with online play and server hosting.

Personally I'm really happy with my 4.14.1 install, patched one patch at a time from the 4.07 (1946) disc, but I'm not an online player.

If you have played 4.14.1 online it would be great if you could share some details of your experience with it (positive or negative), including which servers you use.

Last edited by JacksonsGhost; 09-06-2021 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Added reference to post #6
Old 09-12-2021, 05:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JacksonsGhost View Post
Yeah, the backup install is always great advice! Re Steam, there's this thread where a player apparently broke the Steam install by using the usual M4T patch (on my advice ), and then they detail at post #6 how to actually get it to work:

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=230340

There are also some warnings in the thread about 4.14 in general. It seems to have caused problems for some people with online play and server hosting.

Personally I'm really happy with my 4.14.1 install, patched one patch at a time from the 4.07 (1946) disc, but I'm not an online player.

If you have played 4.14.1 online it would be great if you could share some details of your experience with it (positive or negative), including which servers you use.
I guess I was lucky. I stumbled across these forums before even hearing of M4T. I followed the instructions on these forums to patch my game up to 4.14.1 and had no issues. And like you said, it's always smart to keep a clean copy somewhere in case the game breaks. It looks like that's also what the person did in the forum you linked.

As for online play, I'm sorry I can't be of any help there. I primarily play Il-2 1946 offline.