Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 06-26-2020, 02:25 PM
Approved Member

Exclamation S.M.79 Bombsight issue

Greetings,

I would like to share my experience with a very strange issue I have.

Since patch 4.13 there's the difficulty option to make bomb aim automatic, in other words the bombsight became more realistic to use and for everyone who isn't very used in calculating wind, true airspeed and target's height there's the possibility to just make automatic the entire process (I'm not talking about the ability to "lock" a target with the sight for automatic bomb release, I'm referring to the very option into the "Difficulty" settings).

While I always used the S.M.79 with its special sight for bombing and I never played on difficulty settings different from "Realistic", my friends asked me for our LAN parties to help them by toggling the realistic bomb aiming procedure, making it automatic via the proper difficulty setting.

Well... What happened: every bomber now can center the rooftop of a control tower while flying at incredibly high altitudes, everyone but the S.M. 79!
It's very strange but, with this aircraft, while I used to manually set all the data the sight was incredibly precise, more than others I would assert. Now, with the difficulty setting which makes the process automatic, the sight seems to have an offset: bombs fall about one hundred meters before the place centered by the foremost circle.
Unfortunately I cannot understand if it's a fixed offset (I would prefer) or if it's a relative issue (harder to calculate), yet I suppose it's just an offset as I managed to center some targets by dropping the bomb with a certain delay.

Does anyone else experience this problem?

I've tried with different monitor settings thinking it was a FOV or aspect issue, but nothing changes, yet other bombers, as said, are very precise.

Many thanks in advance!
Old 07-22-2020, 06:13 PM
Approved Member

Works well enough for me. Did you press ctrl + b to set the correct bombsight parameters right before dropping the bombs?
Old 06-21-2021, 10:24 AM
Approved Member

Dear Cacha,

please, forgive my tremendous late in answering. Thanks for your reply!
I would ask you which control is triggered when pressing Ctrl+B because I've remapped my commands.

I did a few more tests, to be sure, and in every situation any bomb drops just one hundred meters before the target located in the middle of the bomb sight circle when release happens. As said, only with the S.M.79.

I've also read again the instructions included in the 4.13 patch, however it says that, when the relative difficulty option is disabled, the bomber shouldn't do anything but wait for the target to be in middle of bomb sights.

In addition, when realistic bombing is enabled and I set all the parameters manually, the S.M.79 bomb drop is extremely accurate (if parameters are correct, that's for sure), right in the circle middle point.

Thanks again for your time!