Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik > Daidalos Team discussions

Old 01-16-2020, 06:24 PM
Approved Member

Default Unusable airfields on New Guinea/New Britain map

Dear Sirs,

I'm having an hard time trying to build a campaign on this new map, since most of its airfields are unusable for follwing reasons:

Wau - AI aircraft crash against mountains around this airfield shortly after takeoff.

Could you please make a fix for these?

Regards,
GB

P.S.: same problem for 4.13.4; a fix for this version too would be greatly welcomed.
Old 01-20-2020, 07:12 PM
Approved Member

An airfield in finland has a similar issue. Have you tried using taxi to take off or take off inpairs?
Old 02-20-2020, 10:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fhechene View Post
An airfield in finland has a similar issue. Have you tried using taxi to take off or take off inpairs?
Thanks Fhechene, but I need those airfields for DGen campaigns, in which a/c are spawned always on runway.
Old 02-21-2020, 08:30 PM
Approved Member

In DCG you can create your own airfields, adding static runways, and it also let's you create takeoff waypoints, in order to avoid planes crashing into mountains. Does DGen have something like that, that you can use?

And a fast fix for Dumpu is adding Runway objects.
Old 03-21-2020, 12:10 AM
Approved Member

I have also noticed that the AI tends to get "lost" on certain airfields in this map. I let my New Zealand F4U get controlled by Autopilot, and once it landed it went around the airfield for a few minutes (at eight times normal speed) until it eventually found a place to park. It parked it a normal place, but for some reason it took awhile to get there.
Old 03-21-2020, 01:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by greybeard1 View Post
P.S.: same problem for 4.13.4; a fix for this version too would be greatly welcomed.
The problems for this map (and others) are known. I am waiting also for the fix in the next patch/es
Old 03-30-2020, 09:43 AM
Approved Member

Hello, the problem in Salamaua and Dumpu airfields is due to a missing Runway objetct (Take-off/Landing point) opposite to the current one. This defines the distance at which the aircraft can spawn on the runway. The minimun distance allowed is between the two is 800 meters. If not present a single Runway object has a default spawn distance of 1200 meters.

EDIT: About wandering AI planes after landing, the problem is on the spawn points. AI planes cannot taxi to points which are too close to any 3d object. Hence, spawn points inside blast bays will not work as parkin places for AI.

Last edited by _1SMV_Gitano; 03-30-2020 at 09:51 AM.
Old 04-17-2020, 08:13 PM
Approved Member

Default Same glitch in the Campaign

There are one or two landing fields in the Crimea campaign, down on the west coast that abut up against hills that are AI killers on landings. As the approach altitude is that of the crest of the hills. The only way I could figure to beat that glitch and save my AI was to be first to RTB, land ASAP, and click off the mission. Every now and then I get caught out and have to re fly a mission. Not all missions manage their mission success parameters the same.

Cheers
Oh Chute!

P.s. In the Pacific maps many of the programmed mission altitudes are set at what is the average tree top Level and many AI are lost when returning to base wounded or just on their own from crashing into “trees” that reach higher than the programmed altitude.
Old 04-20-2020, 10:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _1SMV_Gitano View Post
EDIT: About wandering AI planes after landing, the problem is on the spawn points. AI planes cannot taxi to points which are too close to any 3d object. Hence, spawn points inside blast bays will not work as parkin places for AI.
Huh, that does make sense. Interestingly enough though, I have discovered that this only happens with the player controlled aircraft being put on autopilot. Other AI aircraft appear to be fine.