Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-21-2018, 07:08 AM
Approved Member

Default Bf-109 grudge fight Oleg Maddox Luither trib

A
A
that should read 12 minute fight

The planned crash went well I didn’t die lol
I needed to observe them with out too many things going on
however right side up would have been nice lmao
A
A so this video is only for accessing how skilled were the AI because the vast amount of players were complaining so they released a patch then another then yet another to the point that we fly with AI who had a lobotomy

SO blue AI were carefully designed for this flight to be almost Ace

The red AL were not even looked at and so were probable rated average you can study their weaknesses

And adjust them to your liking for this past or future missions[/size][/SIZE]

so as video’s go this one is not meant to be entertaining
It’s meant to show that we had an excellent AI who is gone now
You would need to watch the whole as to be able to make your own decidion

artificial intell 2011 release

https://youtu.be/MgpKc42hfBQ

AI was broken in 2011 really ? I think not

A Scaving Report

So this is game version 1.0 ..13954.....I think the next patch gave us an digital compass for the 109 jeez

So as you can see the AI were quite not the bumbling inept unable to FOLLOW ?

(that was failures of players to properly set orders in skills AI

they could not take orders but even with me
A
Injured and my wingman possibly dead RIP the remaining
#4 aircraft continued the fight and finally returning to base fuel leak possibly, out of ammo or engine damage who knows lol I was able to watch though injured could not see my wing man’s condition finally # 4 returning he didn’t hit a tree

he didn’t hit the terain he inflicted damage on atleast one bad guy plane and I could have stayed and watched if bad guy AI was able to set her down somewhere and walk away

#4 he fought well and I was so proud on
his SAFE landing not a Uber ace or pussy for sure

This game had on-line difficulty but nothing that could not be fixed

,,back to AI for a minute do you see my flight’s take off (or my attempt lol

so anyway I crashed injured but not badly so I decide to let the mission continue and just hang out and watch with a beer ( thankyou dear)

So what do we have here a fantastic game ruined by mass complaints

finally MADDOX being set adrift by 1C

So in a antipatation of Oleg’s & Luither (who also got a bum rap

I invested a lot of money so that I would be ready when Oleg was

Most people did not plan ahead so their trying to play the game with original IL-2 ERA PC’s. REALLY Guys lol

So that being a lot of noise back then 7 yaars gone

So where is the game now well TF did a good job with what was left of it

But not even close to the original game

So for those of you pilots who still are enjoying this game version I Salute you for being prepared all those 7 years ago

Oleg & Luither (a fine good man) were hated and scorned to the point that 1C wanting this all to go away set Oleg adrift. CRAZY

So is there anything that could be done ?

Only if 1C still has a copy of the original code and wants to go through that again

Some of you sharper guys may be impressed with my #4’s conserving ammo

short burst and made some realistic hits no magic bull it’s AI if i May say these AI were clearly the best out there

If you had seen what I did these 7 years you wouldd have many fond memories

My missions are incredibly exciting dangerous fun well you get it

The conserving ammo is from assigning higher intelligence to AI

so the game is gone I guess all of us didn’t handle our complaints very well and wound up Killing the sim crazy right

but anyway this game I have will never be equaled and will get better with hardware upgrades

No WW II future sims can hope to better Oleg!s dream and creation you too Luither hope you are well

well so this totally AI pilots fought to a draw for an estimated 50 minutes and without human interference

so AI was nearly perfect in 2011 less human communication that Oleg would have certainly have fixed

Bf-109 E3 vs. Hurricane Rotol 50 minute AI grudge death match

Summary and conclusion

So the truth we screwed up and destroyed the sim/game
My suggestion is to seek out this patch numbered game

buy a nice rig

try off-line it can be crazy fun

Fly on-line if rig is good enough

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5

Last edited by SlipBall; 04-24-2018 at 10:02 AM.
Old 04-21-2018, 06:55 PM
Approved Member

So wish I was there lol

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 04-26-2018, 03:21 AM
Approved Member

Well I m not sure about some of you here who I remember as complete lost dudes

But I know I screwed up because I remember

Complaining about for some stupid things if you know what I mean I don’t know if you were there or if you remember but it was very intense and disappointing for many

but not everyone is born with a high IQ

so we killed the.game no more chances an so thanks for nothing community

pS
get out of the basement get a job

buy a nice rig and be normal because life is shor

Dismissed

Old 05-26-2018, 05:59 PM
Approved Member

if the original AI was that much better, teamfusion should be able to restore that part of the original code i think (since they have access to the game code, and the AI behavior is a very specific sub section of that code)

iirc the main problem at release time was the fact CoD in-game video didnt run smoothly even for high end pc's at the time running low detail settings.

it would be interesting to see the original released version of CoD running on a high end spec gaming pc with 2018 hardware, and see if this solved the original video micro-stutter problem.

the game looked visually stunning at the time (great lighting effects and textures etc) , but that hurried forced release at the last moment without correcting this very important grafix bug (which they had been struggling with for 6 or 9 months) is what really killed the game.

in the following months, with 1C cutting most staff and funding, and various patches cutting big chunks out of the code in an attempt to reduce cpu/gpu load to make the game run smoothly it really degraded a lot of other good elements of the game (video quality in partic ). they also tried rewriting other parts of the gfx engine in an attempt to fix the microstutter bug, but had very few staff to do this and almost no time from the 1C bosses, then 1C cut all funding and stopped the project (a complete waste after so many years of hard work and great ideas)

give TF (at their forum) some suggestions about reintroducing the old AI routines maybe :
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children
Old 05-27-2018, 10:46 AM
Approved Member

[QUOTE=zapatista;717687]if the original AI was that much better, teamfusion should be able to restore that part of the original code i think (since they have access to the game code, and the AI behavior is a very specific sub section of that code)

iirc the main problem at release time was the fact CoD in-game video didnt run smoothly even for high end pc's at the time running low detail settings.

it would be interesting to see the original released version of CoD running on a high end spec gaming pc with 2018 hardware, and see if this solved the original video micro-stutter problem.

the game looked visually stunning at the time (great lighting effects and textures etc) , but that hurried forced release at the last moment without correcting this very important grafix bug (which they had been struggling with for 6 or 9 months) is what really killed the game.

in the following months, with 1C cutting most staff and funding, and various patches cutting big chunks out of the code in an attempt to reduce cpu/gpu load to make the game run smoothly it really degraded a lot of other good elements of the game (video quality in partic ). they also tried rewriting other parts of the gfx engine in an attempt to fix the microstutter bug, but had very few staff to do this and almost no time from the 1C bosses, then 1C cut all funding and stopped the project (a complete waste after so many years of hard work and great ideas)

give TF (at their forum) some suggestions about reintroducing the old AI routines maybe :[/QUOTE

you are very good with the use of words and coupled with your knowledge of what was going on at the time

i agree that possibly tf could visit that part of the AI behavior they were very bright and agressive
if only that cpuld be brought back and perhaps one day the ability for radio communication