Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis

Cryostasis First-person shooter meets survival horror set on a frozen Soviet ice-breaker trapped in the ice on the North Pole.

Old 06-04-2013, 02:34 AM
Registered Member

Default Gameplay Mod

Greetings all,

I'm throwing a message up here as I've finally managed to add in something to Cryostasis that I've wanted to be part of the game for a very long time, and that's the character warming up when they're running - so there's now a tradeoff between stamina and character heat/health. It's not a massive gain, but it's enough to balance out some of the "realism" if you will. I've been wondering about changing the walk/crouch/run speeds to get something more balanced also, and perhaps making stamina more of a valued resource given the new "design" if you will.

Really if I'm to make a mod I'd like to fish around and see what other ideas the community has for additions and tweaks to the game - it's pretty near perfect in my eyes, and about the only other changes I'd like to do is increase the Mosin damage as it seems underpowered. And swap out the optic for another weapon if I can find one within the game as having a sniper rifle on a boat doesn't make for a useful weapon.

All comments/thoughts are welcome!

-MRKane
Old 06-05-2013, 11:46 PM
Registered Member

Right, so the script for the players health increasing when the player is running turned out to be pretty easy to get into the engine, balancing things out so that it doesn't become a game-killing advantage could be a touch more difficult - given that I don't know much about the coding environment, but it seems to be a python/C homology of some sort. There's probably heaps of information on it from the carnivores mods as I don't expect it'll have changed much.

As my first time under the hood, I'm surprised that nobody has tinkered with this engine before! It's actually really forgiving
Old 07-31-2013, 08:38 AM
Registered Member

Well, it's with sadness that I write here that my computer gave up the ghost in a big big way. I've managed to recover most of the contents of the drive, and thankfully they included the one file that was involved in the aforementioned mod.

This Mod increases the players health marginally when they run, but will only do so for a small amount (to keep it "gamelike").

To install: Unzip and overwrite the camera.s file in:
Cryostasis/Data/Scripts/Engine (forgive me if I've got it wrong as I'm going off memory here, someone correct me if that is the case)

Massive apologies for the wait, and as usual...have fun!

-MRKane
Attached Files
File Type: zip camera.s.zip (5.7 KB, 13 views)
Old 09-28-2013, 04:42 AM
Registered Member

Thumbs up

Quote:
To install: Unzip and overwrite the camera.s file in:
Cryostasis/Data/Scripts/Engine (forgive me if I've got it wrong as I'm going off memory here, someone correct me if that is the case
Actually the camera.s file goes in the Cryostasis/Data/Scripts/game folder. Nice to see someone still interested in modding this game, given that it's 3 years old. Speaking of which, what variables did you change in the camera.s file?

Also, was wondering if you ever discovered which file(s) control the excessive head/weapon bobbing in game. I've been wanting to minimize that "feature" since the game was first released.
Old 09-29-2013, 03:03 AM
Registered Member

And swap out the optic for another weapon if I can find one within the game as having a sniper rifle on a boat doesn't make for a useful weapon.
Old 10-10-2013, 11:26 PM
Registered Member

Sorry about the late reply guys.

Pertaining to the statements: the AtmosFear engine is actually really forgiving, and it even gives you good bug returns when you screw up. The language is some sort of Java/C homology but it's oddly written [insert joke about everything being backwards in Russia]

I'm afraid to say that my windows computer literally blew up (complete with loud bang) and I've taken it away but the news isn't good so I'm not sure if I'll be able to do any more Modding with Cryostasis (unless I can get it going on Linux). I was lucky to be able to recover that little file off the harddrive

@Lazarus187: Have a look in the player definitions file for the head bob - I think I remember seeing it there, it's then referenced in camera.s after the player data is loaded in the movement block of the code.

@J9Masano: Swapping weapons out is as easy as changing reference numbers in the base definition files, although I couldn't seem to get any of the "unplayable" weapons working - there was one person who did but he didn't give much information on how this was done. By the looks of the files there should be about three weapons floating around that are used by AI characters but not the player, so the first person models might not be there. In saying that, I'd garner that Vivisector models might work in the game also.

Again: apologies for the late reply, and perhaps one day I'll get this game up and running again on something.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:44 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRKane View Post
@J9Masano: Swapping weapons out is as easy as changing reference numbers in the base definition files, although I couldn't seem to get any of the "unplayable" weapons working - there was one person who did but he didn't give much information on how this was done.
are you referencing my thread?
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=17215
lol I did this when I was 13 so it had to be very basic... I think all I did was rename files to replace other weapons in the game so basically the Dp27 just acted like the PPSh then... It got me to see the gun though
Old 10-16-2013, 11:18 PM
Registered Member

@Nfelli64: Yes I am! I'm a little annoyed that I couldn't find that thread earlier! It's a bit of an honor to meet a fellow ActionForms modder as we're a rare breed, and good work BTW!

I'd done a little tinkering around before the machine went pop but didn't ever actually have any success in getting something modified and into the game to a satisfactory level. Editing the weapon stats isn't too much of a trouble, but amazingly I think the physics engine is used to calculate the bullet shots (overkill much?). I had wanted to do a bit of a re-balance on the weapons to make the game a little less "fumbly".

If you do ever do ongoing mod work feel free to use/include mine
Old 05-20-2014, 04:24 PM
Registered Member

. I think all I did was rename files to replace other weapons