Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Rig'n'Roll

Rig'n'Roll Truck racing game, sequel to the famous Hard Truck series. Drive authentic trucks along real Californian roads, deliver cargo, take part in truck races or establish your own cargo transportation company.

Old 07-27-2010, 12:17 AM
Registered Member

Exclamation Steam problems

Hi there. I purchased the game off Steam two days ago and I have been able to play it, but I don't think it is installed or something. Here is the thing:

Whenever I click on the desktop shortcut that was created when I purchased the game it says something like "First time installation" or something similar and a bar starts to fill up. Suddenly, a pop up appears saying something like "this product cannot be installed because it failed Windows authentification tests" or something like that and it aborts the install. I am able to play the game (although it takes a long time to load, even when I exceed the recommended specs by a small margin) but it does not show up in my programs list (in control panel) so I don't know how to uninstall it (if I ever needed to). Also sometimes the game refuses to boot for no particular reason.

I am extremely addicted to it and I would like to resolve this issues. Can someone help?
Old 07-31-2010, 08:35 PM
Registered Member

Hello
I buy Rig'n'roll yesterday on STEAM. I have two problems

- How can I save a good configuration of the game on my computer so that the game does not "lag" more

Pentium 4 2.40GHz
2.50gb ram,
512mb video card ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP

- Also the game bug after a while (the road disappear and I is below the decoration).

Thank you for helping me and sorry for my bad English.
Old 07-31-2010, 09:32 PM
Approved Member

You are running on the bare minimum specs for the game. Alter resolution to 800x600 and all settings to minimum and you might have a decent shot of running the game
Old 08-01-2010, 03:25 PM
Registered Member

i bought the game yesterday.. and havent had anything but issues...

im trying to update the game, but it says that it cant find any version of it installed, but it is installed through steam.

and when im trying to launch the game, it shows a rig n roll sign, and then it goes black, and then starts up 2 mins later... and sometimes it doesnt start up. its very annoying.

can someone help me out? i want to play the game badly.

(nothings wrong with my pc)
Old 08-01-2010, 03:55 PM
Approved Member

Are you trying to apply the hotfix patch to the game?
If so with steam you have to manually select the folder where Rig'N'Roll is installed which should be in the steam folder under common in program files

Steam never installs its games in program files it installs it in a subfolder on its own.

This is probably why the patch said there wasn't any version of the game found.

I am hoping this was helpful to you.
Old 08-01-2010, 06:37 PM
Registered Member

Default hey, kinda helped me.

still didnt figure out how im supposed to update the game (i can play it and stuff now, but it wont update still).
Old 08-02-2010, 10:10 AM
Approved Member

Guys we don't need 5 threads broadcasting problems with Steam. One thread is sufficient. Obey the forum rules.

In answer to the Hotfix question:

Steam has it already installed. That's why it won't except the patch (Hotfix) to my understanding.

Steam installs to program files. I have it at D:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\Common (this is where the games are). Also the Hotfix does not allow for manual installation. You can't direct where to install it. It either detects the game, or it won't. The most common reason that it won't is because your current version already includes the Hotfix. Impulse, Steam, Retail DVD versions, already have it.

Last edited by USA Trucker; 08-02-2010 at 10:37 AM.
Old 08-11-2010, 03:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Franck02 View Post
Hello

Pentium 4 2.40GHz
2.50gb ram,
512mb video card ATI Radeon HD 3650 AGP
This is a prehistoric configuration . Pentium 4 lol.

I bought RignRoll of Steam. But I dont suffer from any kind of problem. Only the game lags. But thats because RignRoll has done bad on performance.