Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > NecroVisioN

NecroVisioN First-person shooter. The year is 1916. Young private fights enemy soldiers, vampires and demons on the battlefields of World War I and underground.

Old 11-05-2009, 01:42 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up LOVE the Game & MUSIC !!

Just wanted to post this cause i am FULLY SATISFIED with necrovision.
It might NOT be a Painkiller but it's AS Worthy as Painkiller, can i DARE say it may be BETTER? .
I also would like to Know if the guys that did PK music did NvN cause i hear a similar "high" quality feel to it that draws you in to battle.
I WISH the BEST for the farm crew & hope they continue to do great works of ArT !!!

MAN i SOO LOVE the music for this game, you guys Truely Know what vibration is ALL About .

Last edited by OugaBooga; 11-05-2009 at 01:47 AM. Reason: forgot a thought.
Old 11-30-2009, 10:42 AM
Approved Member

Painkiller is fun but can't hold a candle next to NecroVision. NecroVision is so much better at everything - the music, as you said, the gameplay, the story, the level design, the combat system and the list goes on. NecroVision is the definition of the word AWESOME! The first time I get to the mech I was just as happy as that time when I played Blood Rayne and I got into the mech in that game. It felt so cool, I was happy as a fat boy eating chocolate or ice cream. But the biggest surprise was the dragon riding. That blow my head, the first time I saw this I just couldn't belive they put this in FPS game. It was by far the most fun part of the game. Beside the funny dialogues between the shadowhand spirit and Simon. Bottom line: NecroVision >>> Painkiller. Nuff said.

Last edited by nogi; 11-30-2009 at 01:02 PM.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:45 AM
Registered Member

Over this year i've played CoD Modern Warfare 1 & 2, CoD World at War, Crysis, F.E.A.R 2, Serious Sam HD & just recently finished Necrovision. You probably guessed already, but compared to all of these games Necrovision wins almost in all aspect, especially gameplay & creativity. I love the frantic combination of melee-ranged combat of this game & the over the top B-movie story/setting.

It genuinely baffles me as people doesn't talk much about Necrovision.
Also, the atrocious review scores this game seems to accumulate is just.. sad.
I guess these reviewer must've hate fun or might be Mephisto's minion themselves?
Old 12-04-2009, 02:34 PM
Approved Member

Well for one a company like 1C just can't afford the PR that EA or IW can. Not to mention the $$ that IW and EA give to game review sites like gametrailers and so on for the commercials on those sites and everything. Can you imagine what will happend if a site like gametrailers gave a negative review on MW2? Yeah, you can beat the single player in 3+ hours and it's nothing new, yeah the multiplayer is basically the same too, yeah the game features a bullshit match making system and so on but they can't possibly gave a bad review or IW will have their balls. Also games like MW, MW2, COD WAW and so on relay heavily on mutiplayer, something that NecroVision isn't good at. Anyway, after all these days most pplz care more about the multiplayer, I have no problem with that I play a shit load of games online too - RA3, C&C3, DotA, HoN, COD4, COD WAW, Half-Life, CS:S and so on, but I always will have time for all the single-player gems that come out and NecroVision is one of them and I hope the prequel will be just as good as the original game. Can't w8 to come out.
Old 12-06-2009, 09:33 AM
Approved Member

Necrovision lost company is gonna be even better cause these guys Obviously KNOW how to make a fun & creative game.
Not Many games these days have a nice long entertaining SP.
I really hope the prequel get's more positive exposure & that the MP gets more attention cause as you said >> many ppl these days get a game for MP<<

These days i usually wait a few months 3-6 before grabing a game so i can see if there's plenty of servers/players & a price drop.

Another thing i have noticed is that games i pick usually are not as popular & or MP dies out quickly.

Lastly, you can't compare nVn to too many other games since it is in it's own league.
Prey, Painkiller, Stalker, Serious Sam 2 are a few that come to mind in the same league.
I want lost company REAL Badly & can't wait for it to come out.

Looks like 2010 should be a VERY good yr for this league of gaming.

P.S. Singularity looks to be in the same league as nVn.

Last edited by OugaBooga; 12-06-2009 at 10:09 AM.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:32 AM
Approved Member

NecroVision is noway as good as Painkiller, but it is sure satisfying, and i might say i liked it more than Painkiller Overdose!!!

Overall i was not disappointed. But most things fail in comparison with
Painkiller Battle Out Of Hell:

1) slower movement speed and choppy physics
2) worse graphics
3) lags more
4) stupid secret collecting system, can't return to begining of the level
5) annoying and repetetive letters
6) bad voice casting
7) mediocre level design
last boss Mephisto simply sux

However what makes it good: nice monsters, good "changing and adapting" gameplay, changing from one gameplay type to other in different levels, double gun system, fatality combos, vampyric artifacts, those increase your power + make collecting secrets a useful and important thing, new attack modes, spells and upgrades after beating challenge rooms - the most awesome part of the game!

If i had given original PK + BOOH a 9 out of 10, Necro would get 7 out of 10, PK Overdose would get a 6, and PK Resurrection would get a 1.

Last edited by Artas1984; 01-20-2010 at 12:42 AM.
Old 01-27-2010, 06:54 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artas1984 View Post
NecroVision is noway as good as Painkiller, but it is sure satisfying, and i might say i liked it more than Painkiller Overdose!!!

Overall i was not disappointed. But most things fail in comparison with
Painkiller Battle Out Of Hell:

1) slower movement speed and choppy physics
2) worse graphics
3) lags more
4) stupid secret collecting system, can't return to begining of the level
5) annoying and repetetive letters
6) bad voice casting
7) mediocre level design
last boss Mephisto simply sux

However what makes it good: nice monsters, good "changing and adapting" gameplay, changing from one gameplay type to other in different levels, double gun system, fatality combos, vampyric artifacts, those increase your power + make collecting secrets a useful and important thing, new attack modes, spells and upgrades after beating challenge rooms - the most awesome part of the game!

If i had given original PK + BOOH a 9 out of 10, Necro would get 7 out of 10, PK Overdose would get a 6, and PK Resurrection would get a 1.
You make some good points but as ur sig in DC says, you ain't getting a PK2 so NvN is ur best bet for now.
It is Ur opinion that nvn is less then PK & i can't argue with "YOUR" experience.
I would rate nvn 1 point lower ONLY cause MP failed to use SP weapons.Overdose was well done from a SP standpoint Just like NvN & Also failed in MP but i think that's cause "purists" didn't want change.
NvN has Better graphics then PK & all around progresses the character weaponry more so then PK.
Why argue about it when we want more of that WoW this is awesome & i love it experience.
The letters in NvN were a "Filler" kindof like bread crumbs for hamburgers.
Currently i am playing Wolfenstein 2009 & it reminds me of NvN.
It's a well designed game & No it isn't exactly like the RTCW but i am having a great time with it.
Seems like a combo of NvN & prey, that's JUST my take/feel on it.
You won't hear me argue with u on PKR, it's state is Obvious & insulting to PK & PKO players.
Also, the voice casting sounds both the same for NvN & Wolfenstein but you can tell this cast is usually used for a lot of "warring" games including CoD.
If NvN lags for you then ur setup is @ fault.
All i could ask from nVn is to make ALL SP weapons available for MP, Am pretty sure others have asked for it & it makes sense.

Last edited by OugaBooga; 01-28-2010 at 02:37 PM.