Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 02-10-2019, 01:10 PM
Approved Member

still enjoying Kings Bounty in 2019 , just stumbled onto your Mod, Thnkx!
Old 02-10-2019, 09:49 PM
Approved Member

Is anyone using Avenger Angel? Despite the enhances, I still see its usefulness very situational. Perhaps should cost even less mana and/or improve its damage and/or duration.

On the other hand, I have raised locally the mana cost of Slow. And made it shorter. I was using it all the time.

Penalty: 1, 2, 3
Duration: 1, 2, 2
Mana cost: 7, 10, 15

Ingeneers are still useful but not overpowered anymore. I'm more or less fine with them. Maybe could amplify their damage interval, though. And/or getting a charge of "Energetic drink", to improve their speed by two points.

An item upgrade wiped out 80% of my troops. Epic fight. I have decided not to reload and live with the consequences. It was Officers Baton first upgrade and I was level 12.

--

Welcome zleevz. You should try it out. It's lovely crafted and his author is around, listening to the feedback, fixing bugs and even expanding it. I'm enjoying it far more than the original campaign.

Last edited by Sirlancelot; 02-10-2019 at 10:01 PM.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:14 AM
Approved Member

To raknefne:

Holy Armor, the skill you learn from the monk in Sprudne Islands, does it works against bosses, too?
Old 02-11-2019, 11:45 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirlancelot View Post
To raknefne:

Holy Armor, the skill you learn from the monk in Sprudne Islands, does it works against bosses, too?
it is the same skill from vanilla. I can't remember, but haven't touched anything about the stats etc. - in vanilla you got it from killing 20 of a certain kind of troop from one of the first houses on the starting island.
Old 02-11-2019, 11:52 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirlancelot View Post
Is anyone using Avenger Angel? Despite the enhances, I still see its usefulness very situational. Perhaps should cost even less mana and/or improve its damage and/or duration.

On the other hand, I have raised locally the mana cost of Slow. And made it shorter. I was using it all the time.

Penalty: 1, 2, 3
Duration: 1, 2, 2
Mana cost: 7, 10, 15

Ingeneers are still useful but not overpowered anymore. I'm more or less fine with them. Maybe could amplify their damage interval, though. And/or getting a charge of "Energetic drink", to improve their speed by two points.
Ingeneers: I increased the short range shooting by 15%. I think there are different oppinions if they are too weak now. They still summons. Alternatively the blind potion could be a slow reload? Or summon could be a reload like Royal Thorn but a little slower.

Avenging Angel: Noted. Yes, if you still never use it is too weak compared to other choices. I'd rather have bigger damage than longer time casted IMO. In v1.21 you get a bonus if you fully upgrade it, then it works for 7 rounds (and not 6).

Slow: Interesting. Along with Fear these 2 spells have great tactical influence on how to controle the battlefield. With a shorter duration 1,2,2 - I think I'd keep the old mana price. Hmm, good point! I guess you would only use it from spell level 2 then, instead trap would probably be more usefull. Have to think about it.

Let me hear from others about Slow, Fear and Ingeneers (in Trent).

Last edited by raknefne; 02-11-2019 at 06:42 PM. Reason: edit
Old 02-12-2019, 04:10 AM
Approved Member

Sirlancelot reminded me of item upgrades. I did mention them, too. They were unchanged from the vanilla game, where I can easily wait to become, say, twice as powerful before I tackle with them.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:09 AM
Approved Member

Upgrades: I lowered the upgrade difficulty with about 33% in Trent because it is a shorter game. Even lower? Perhaps half of vanilla? BTW Erkihlmarl, I think when u tested Trent the upgrades were as in vanilla.

Avenging Angel: For next version 1.21, I suggest (color in brown has changes from v1.2):
damage=90-150 //in vanilla: 85-130
type=bonus
typedmg=magic
lvl_dmg=80 // %
duration=5,6,8 //Trent 1.2: 4,5,7 ---- vanilla 4,5,6
int=0 // intellect does or does not influ
}
levels {
// level = mana_cost, crystals_cost to upgrade from previous level
1=5,1 //Trent 1.2: 6,1 --- vanilla 9,3
2=7,2 //Trent 1.2: 8,2 --- vanilla 13,5
3=9,5 //Trent 1.2: 10,5 --- vanilla 18,8

With duration 8 for level 3, there's a reward for upgrading, which I never did in any KB games... could be mana 4-6-8 also - alternatively Intellect could influence the damage, which it doesn't now... ??

Slow for v1.21:
Mana 6-9-12 (was 5-7-12). Crystal 5-10-15 (was 2-5-12). Duration 2-2-2 (was 2-3-3). Slowed still 1-2-3.
I didn't change anything with this spell before btw.

Last edited by raknefne; 02-12-2019 at 09:35 AM. Reason: update
Old 02-12-2019, 10:36 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by raknefne View Post
Upgrades: I lowered the upgrade difficulty with about 33% in Trent because it is a shorter game. Even lower? Perhaps half of vanilla? BTW Erkihlmarl, I think when u tested Trent the upgrades were as in vanilla.
I get Erkihlmarl point, but would refrain from changing it further. Otherwise we'll end with "low" level characters equipped like gods. "You really want that bow, really? Well, prepare your anus".

Quote:
Avenging Angel: For next version 1.21, I suggest (color in brown has changes from v1.2):
damage=90-150 //in vanilla: 85-130
type=bonus
typedmg=magic
lvl_dmg=80 // %
duration=5,6,8 //Trent 1.2: 4,5,7 ---- vanilla 4,5,6
int=0 // intellect does or does not influ
}
levels {
// level = mana_cost, crystals_cost to upgrade from previous level
1=5,1 //Trent 1.2: 6,1 --- vanilla 9,3
2=7,2 //Trent 1.2: 8,2 --- vanilla 13,5
3=9,5 //Trent 1.2: 10,5 --- vanilla 18,8

With duration 8 for level 3, there's a reward for upgrading, which I never did in any KB games... could be mana 4-6-8 also - alternatively Intellect could influence the damage, which it doesn't now... ??
Avenging Angel should prove to be useful against opponents which you can't damage or affect a big deal without it. For example, against very high defense enemies, like Paladins, or in the presence of level 5 creatures with high resistances as well but a weak spot in magic, like Cyclops.

Also useful against foes that you *need* to take out as soon as possible and perhaps can't evade their hits, like bosses.

Making it cheaper in both mana and crystals is a good place to start from. Let's gonna be patient and test it extensively. I will develop "Magic Light" skill from the Magic tree in my Paladin playthrough, to see how evolves getting it to the fullest.

Quote:
Slow for v1.21:
Mana 6-9-12 (was 5-7-12). Crystal 5-10-15 (was 2-5-12). Duration 2-2-2 (was 2-3-3). Slowed still 1-2-3.
I didn't change anything with this spell before btw.
Allright. Still a bit less than Fear or Blind, so it seems ok. Well, perhaps I'd reduce first level duration to 1 turn. Let's give that poor bears and knights a chance.

Last edited by Sirlancelot; 02-12-2019 at 10:46 AM.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:15 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Ingeneers: I increased the short range shooting by 15%. I think there are different oppinions if they are too weak now. They still summons. Alternatively the blind potion could be a slow reload? Or summon could be a reload like Royal Thorn but a little slower.
How about reload 3 or 4 and reduce blind chance effectiveness to 75-85%? I think the summons are allright. It's already quite powerful by that side, keep in mind he can also repair (=resurrect) the robots. Two times.

Quote:
Let me hear from others about Slow, Fear and Ingeneers (in Trent).
Of course.

Quote:
it is the same skill from vanilla. I can't remember, but haven't touched anything about the stats etc. - in vanilla you got it from killing 20 of a certain kind of troop from one of the first houses on the starting island.
In respond to myself: yes, it protects against everyone.

Last edited by Sirlancelot; 02-12-2019 at 09:52 PM. Reason: % interval changed.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:02 AM
Approved Member

Avenging Angel: I just did some math. It will be overpowered in 1.21 with 8 rounds. At level 3 it does 245-410 damage, which is 343 damage in average. Multiplied by 6 it is around 2k damage! (often all the charges with Avenging Angel is not used, therefore I used 6 and not 8 in the math)... Sounds like vanilla rounds like 4,5,6 is better then 5,6,8...

Ingeneer: I remember you, Sirlancelot, suggested a lower chance like 50% for blindness, I just couldn't do it in the code. This was easier. That's why I didn't change the chance of blindness but instead reduced it to just 1 bottle.

Skill from Sprudne Island: I didn't change anything, due to out of time... but could easily be increased in strength - I mean the 3 different skills you get depending on the hero class. Trent is hard in itself, so it won't inbalance things.