Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Crossworlds > Mods

Mods King's Bounty: Crossworlds Mods

Old 08-26-2018, 06:46 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkilmarl View Post
I could not beat K'Tahu at level 34, but beat it later with different tactics. Now I've out of the game, but I haven't yet solved the main quest. I returned and noted that in quests is stated that "Make a stand with King Mark, attack or follow him" and I had already answered that Amelie follows him. BTW, I wasn't ready for the confrontation, that is, I wasn't sure about saves...

And still learning: Make a note of all Calm Rage scrolls for use in Boss Battles...

One more note: In my latest save I have two of Julner's packages, but the quest says I have 0 of 3.
Hm... I hope he will be beatable on impossible, have no clue. It is easy to adjust, though.

Calm Rage Scrolls: jesus, I never thought of keeping them... good idea!

The game can be finished without finishing even the main quest. If you have arrived in Krasen, you can just defeat the final boss (after bringing him 8 KillProofs from armies).

Main quest: When you answered you would follow the king, was it in Krasen or was it the elf in castle in Hopland that in most cases also ask you? If you go against the king, you have to fight him.
Old 08-26-2018, 06:48 PM
Approved Member

Do you have a save game BEFORE you make a decision with the king? I'd like to make the stand to fight him to check if the battle is balanced (a HC fight). Also a saved game before fighting the finale boss if you have it.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:00 AM
Approved Member

I have both saves. I'll send them when I get home. I answered for King Mark in Krasen.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:24 PM
Approved Member

So, now I’ve played the new mod through. I think it is so ready as a game that there isn’t much to say about any changes apart from the details I’ve mentioned. It is a tough game, even at normal level, which corresponds to about hard level in the original game. I did do most of the final island, but perhaps there the difficulty step upwards may be too much at hard and impossible levels.

Landscape building is very good, I didn’t get anywhere above ground the feeling that I had seen this before in the original game, except perhaps for the final island, which was built from the same material as the lizardfolk island in the original. Already in Crossworlds it was the island I liked least. Hopland was familiar to me from another mod, but it has ideas and features that Katauri never used.

The mod is relatively short, which is a good thing, since KB games are long. I’ve played them for hundreds of hours, but I rarely play to the end after I’ve once seen that it is possible. Years ago, there was the talk that WoTN isn’t as good as Crossworlds and that Darkside was even worse. It is a pity that we now have a new and fresh game made from the Crossworlds material, Trent War, that is as good as the Crossworlds was, but nobody seems to care.

Last edited by Erkilmarl; 08-28-2018 at 04:19 AM.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:30 PM
Approved Member

There may be small secrets I did not find yet, at least there is one source of gold that I found now as I started a new game and went through the first island.
Old 08-27-2018, 07:12 PM
Approved Member

Perhaps requirements for Guardian Angel and Holy Warrior medals could be lower if you have the idea that level three should be possible to reach without excess extra casting of spells. I reached level three in all other medals except in two. Traps would require shepherding of enemy creatures which I did not want to do. Battle Alchemy needs right kind of troops or spells, which I did not use later in the game, so I guess it is ok that I had only level 1 in it.
Old 08-28-2018, 05:21 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erkilmarl View Post
Perhaps requirements for Guardian Angel and Holy Warrior medals could be lower if you have the idea that level three should be possible to reach without excess extra casting of spells. I reached level three in all other medals except in two. Traps would require shepherding of enemy creatures which I did not want to do. Battle Alchemy needs right kind of troops or spells, which I did not use later in the game, so I guess it is ok that I had only level 1 in it.
Thx for input. I'll have a look. it is VERY easy to adjust. Also there could be level 4 and 5 like in WoTn/Red Sand/Darkside. It is kind of annoying in vanilla that you have to use certain spells a lot to get medals... I sometimes use spells just for the medal and nothing else, for instance as a warrior using Berserk spell, which is wasty because you cannot controle it. but it gives medal points. But I don't intend to make huge changes in this mod, mainly the story/maps/campaign.

Thank you very much for the test, it is very helpful.
Old 08-29-2018, 04:28 AM
Approved Member

Thank you. I had so much fun playing Trent War.
Old 08-30-2018, 09:06 AM
Approved Member

I'm glad to hear.

I start implements the small changes today. Then testing the small quest adjustments. Finally speedtesting with a superstrong hero with 800 Giants or so... I mainly test the changes after the test, it is mainly to test if all quests works as they should. I won't test Trent on Impossible, since there haven't been much respons here in the forum, but rather adjust when players report back. The only changes probably could be if the final boss is too hard or easy. It was tested on the normal difficulty by a level 35 Paladin. It can be adjusted in current came, so no worries.
It sounds balanced on normal, since Erkihlmarl couldnt take it as level 34 but came back again as level 35. Game ends with this battle nomatter how many quests you have done, but ofc the score will be lower without the quests.

Erkihlmarl, could you mail me the file records.txt file which is within the Trent.kfs (winfar file)? Because then your finale score will be in the official release. If it is ok with you. The scores will be updated here. I cancelled all records and added a low level fictive Amelie in the score, then yours will be there too.

To show you how easy it was to adjust the medals, here is an example of the medal Headhunter (killing enemy heroes), opening medals.txt file in Trent.kfs:
medal_headhunter_1 {
category=o
image=heroitem_medal_headhunter.png
hint_config=object_item
label=itm_medal_headhunter_1_name
hint=itm_medal_headhunter_1_hint
information_label=
maphint=
mapinfo=
price=10
maxcount=0
level=1
race=human
medclass=-1
use {}
mods {
sp_antihero_rage=count,5
}
propbits=medal
params {
max1=5
max2=10
max3=15

order=2
param=0
var=enemy_heroes_killed
}

The color in red shows the 3 levels of the medals, first level at 5 hero kills, then 10 hero kills etc. This must be changed all 3 places in medals.txt, in
medal_headhunter_1, medal_headhunter_2 and medal_headhunter_3

and it works in current game.

Last edited by raknefne; 08-30-2018 at 09:17 AM. Reason: updating
Old 08-30-2018, 12:46 PM
Approved Member

Default To Erkihlmarl: Changes from testplay

- all bugs or imbalanced mentioned earlier like HC Bill in Sprudne is easier.

- Medals are adjusted, the mentioned are easier, also the firemage for Mage and Iron Knight for the Warrior.

- Julner's quest is fixed

- Krasen: Altars are stronger (behind not so important creatures).

-Krasen: The not-so-important creatures are lowered 15%, the humanoids which u need for the quest for K'ego are the same.

-You mentioned this quest didnt end properly:
Krasen, the quest make a stand with the king Mark. I tried fighting him or being friendly with him, either way it shows this, which is intended:

screen_180830_001.bmp

To end the war, you fight the boss K'Ego - you get his quest when u find him. When u defeat him, the quest is automatically finished.
The fight against the king was relatively easy btw. I've decided to remove the last line in quest log, so you finish the quest by making a stand.

I just need to test the changes and speedtest.

Last edited by raknefne; 08-31-2018 at 07:00 AM.