Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 03-16-2011, 02:34 PM
Approved Member

I thought March 25th?

I doubt anyone will be playing it on that date or thereafter for some time
Old 03-16-2011, 06:00 PM
Approved Member

and these doubts are based on.... nothing concrete whatsoever.

2 wee.... 9 days, be sure!
Old 03-16-2011, 06:12 PM
Hecke

it's based on ... the info directly from an ubisoft forum manager.
Old 03-16-2011, 07:01 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hecke View Post
it's based on ... the info directly from an ubisoft forum manager.
TBH I've had my fill of "forum managers" in the past and they don't know their head from a hole in the ground.
Regardless of my opinion of them I've cancelled my pre-order and am wrapping myself up in RoF. The next time I look, maybe IL2COD will be available for purchase, if not, I'm over it. I've not anticipated a game like this since Tie Fighter came out in the 90's, and I can't bear to sit around and bounce release dates in my head till god knows when.

It's time to fly something
Old 03-16-2011, 09:31 PM
Global Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by blampars View Post
TBH I've had my fill of "forum managers" in the past and they don't know their head from a hole in the ground.
Regardless of my opinion of them I've cancelled my pre-order and am wrapping myself up in RoF. The next time I look, maybe IL2COD will be available for purchase, if not, I'm over it. I've not anticipated a game like this since Tie Fighter came out in the 90's, and I can't bear to sit around and bounce release dates in my head till god knows when.

It's time to fly something
Why don't you just do the Il2 with 4.101 from DT.

Fly one of the better maps. The Slot is an awesome map, and you might find you enjoy flying over alot of water island to island in a Corsair. A great plane... makes lots of noise and breaks stuff pretty easy too.

I spent one year just building missions on the Kuban map when I first started with IL2. If the IL2 was all the end of Oleg's efforts it would still be the very best air combat sim. The IL2 is still darned awesome, if you haven't done the TD additions you have missed some good action.

It's just the promise of something better that cranks us up.

When it comes out then it will be time to buy one someplace. If you can download it through "scream" it won't matter what day it releases. You can spend your money and have it in a few minutes.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:06 PM
Approved Member

Eight days left ... Pressure is rising
Old 03-16-2011, 10:19 PM
Approved Member

Now it says April 26 in UBI Shop Canada
Old 03-16-2011, 10:39 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmiss View Post
Why don't you just do the Il2 with 4.101 from DT.

Fly one of the better maps. The Slot is an awesome map, and you might find you enjoy flying over alot of water island to island in a Corsair. A great plane... makes lots of noise and breaks stuff pretty easy too.

I spent one year just building missions on the Kuban map when I first started with IL2. If the IL2 was all the end of Oleg's efforts it would still be the very best air combat sim. The IL2 is still darned awesome, if you haven't done the TD additions you have missed some good action.

It's just the promise of something better that cranks us up.

When it comes out then it will be time to buy one someplace. If you can download it through "scream" it won't matter what day it releases. You can spend your money and have it in a few minutes.
Oh I've been flying IL2 since 2002 or so, and I do use all the TD additions.
I love IL2, I fly it often. Lately I've just been craving something new for my eyes and have been all amped up for the release of CoD!
For the longest time the release date was 25th March. When I pre-ordered it was 25th March. I have a 3 day weekend then, and my GF leaves for france a few weeks later which frees up TONS more time to play CoD.. I really thought my stars were aligned. I was destined to have time to play it! But now release dates are "officially" changed to 26th April and I'm just more than frustrated with it all

Between IL2 and RoF, I'm sure I can make the time go by. I just hope I have the time to fly this sim properly when it comes out. With the amount of time I have on a regular basis, it'll take me a week just to get my hotas set up for it heh. Here's to hoping it's all just a dream and we all see it released 25th March as Oleg said.
Old 03-16-2011, 10:44 PM
Approved Member

*ahem*

http://games.1c.ru/il2_britain/?type=news

perhaps something comes out in europe before america, for a change?
Old 03-16-2011, 10:47 PM
Approved Member

Ubi France:

ACHETEZ MAINTENANT *
SITE OFFICIEL*
PLATEFORME: PC
SORTIE: 24 MARS 2011
DÉVELOPPEUR: 1C MADDOX GAMES