Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-19-2012, 10:20 AM
Approved Member

Default Help Cliffs of dover to get sales!

Now when we finally have a "stable and fisnished" official product its time for us to help Luthier and his team!

This thread at rise of flight inspired me, where the producer asks the community for help
http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewto...p?f=45&t=27106

So why dont we do the same for CLOD that we are so passionate about
http://www.amazon.com/IL-2-Sturmovik...liffs+of+dover

Help CLOD them with good reviews to get the average up!!
Old 10-19-2012, 12:36 PM
Approved Member

That's a good idea actually, and worked nicely for RoF. Just like ROF, CLoD was murdered by reviews on Amazon after its release, but now its only fair to people who consider buying it, that they would know "CLoD is much improved" !
Old 10-19-2012, 01:06 PM
Approved Member

Does anyone else think maybe it would be good to either do a free weekend or give 3 day guest passes? RO2 did this to boost player numbers after a bad release. Once people see how much better it is now, especially online they might buy it, people could give them to squadmates who still play '46 etc.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:20 PM
Approved Member

Done.

Great idea Anders.

Unfortunately it takes 48hrs for the reviews to be published though.
Old 10-19-2012, 01:30 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anders_And View Post
Now when we finally have a "stable and fisnished" official product its time for us to help Luthier and his team!

This thread at rise of flight inspired me, where the producer asks the community for help
http://riseofflight.com/Forum/viewto...p?f=45&t=27106

So why dont we do the same for CLOD that we are so passionate about
http://www.amazon.com/IL-2-Sturmovik...liffs+of+dover

Help CLOD them with good reviews to get the average up!!
"Finished" and "completed" are different things. A race car can finish a 50 lap race in lap 3. That does not mean it completed the race.

The minority that think this game is top notch, does not, and will not, outweigh the majority that have already casted their views. It might have been possible a few weeks or months after release to make it right and get a re-review. Too long down that road, and in the end, Cliffs is still not "complete" enough to deserve a better score.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Approved Member

An honest review of this game will not get anyone interested in it.
Old 10-19-2012, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

Speak with enthusiasm of this game to all around you even those how do not play games but could know someone that does!
Old 10-19-2012, 04:15 PM
Approved Member

I made all my movies also with the purpose of helping CoD through a rough patch. I don't know how many sales they generated, but a few for sure... And it was purely for egoistical reasons, in that sales = sequel which I really want!
Old 10-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Approved Member

I had to lie a little bit to give it 5 stars but we need to raise the average, which is unfair.

Thanks for the idea Anders.

S!
Old 10-19-2012, 04:49 PM
Registered Member

ROF has moved on a long way too, for example it has an official dynamic campaign (still in beta and being worked on though) and an unofficial one, plus many more aeroplanes upcoming and even a new Channel map, which is a first for a WW1 sim I think, it is a whole different philosophy over on ROF. Indeed, most negative reviews nowadays stem from either someone buying it not knowing its a simulation, or because they have really terrible Internet connections and cannot download the updates.

CLod has been polished with the new update, but honestly the single player aspect is lacking and only seems to come to life with 3rd parties such as Desastersoft which really seem to show it off very well!

I am interested in what 1C's upcoming news, hopefully they haven't given up and will come out with new ideas on how to keep this franchise going strong into the future.