Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-16-2012, 06:18 AM
Approved Member

Thumbs up Congratulations to Developers on recent Patch work. Big Steps in right Direction.

Salute

I must admit, I had almost given up hope this game would ever amount to anything. The number of bugs and issues were considerable.

But respect is due where it is due, and I have to congratulate the Developers and Luthier for their work on the most recent set of patches, which are hopefully not finished.

The game is looking better, performing better, and the aircraft are modelled better.

It's not perfect, there are still a number of issues which should be looked at, but given they are addressed, this will be a game worthwhile purchasing and playing.

And Luthier, if you get it to a decently playable state, you may be surprised, word gets around fast in the Flight Sim community, and a lot of people from the old IL-2 1946 fanbase may give it a try or move over from that other earlier era game.

Anyway, keep up the good work!

Cheers RAF74_Buzzsaw
Old 10-16-2012, 06:27 AM
Approved Member

i agree again buzzsaw, but dont congratulate them too early!
the last rc patch is definitely a step in the right direction, in regards of FMs and netcode...
but dont tell them!let them work a bit more and lets see how much improvement we can squeeze out of them, until the patch gets official...it will be the last one for a looong time, so keep telling what needs improvement!
Old 10-16-2012, 06:56 AM
Approved Member

Well, I flew yesterday, the first day again, CLOD since 220 days, with the RC2 patch, and it was a nice supprise for me to see the step forward! Luthier keep up the direction and we get there were we all want!

cheers
Old 10-16-2012, 07:06 AM
Approved Member

Current RC has introduced enough stuttering to make the game unplayable after only a few minutes. Glad it's working for some though.
Old 10-16-2012, 07:46 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feathered_IV View Post
Current RC has introduced enough stuttering to make the game unplayable after only a few minutes. Glad it's working for some though.
I honestly don't see any stuttering at all, did you delete cache and try a new conf.ini? Whether I run single gtx580 or 4way SLI it's the smoothest it's ever been and SLI now finally works the way it should! I can also now use the MeshShowLod=1 setting to fix the LOD issue (disapearing planes) and don't get stutters, just a slightly lower frame rate.

I had a few strange stutters before I deleted the cache folder so give that a go.
Old 10-16-2012, 09:59 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
sounds like your patch hasnt been installed correctly

the very few here (other then you mentioning it in another thread recently), who did have significant issues like that (lockup at startup, return of stutters etc) didnt use a clean CoD install to add the last patch on. either redo the magic 5 step that others are using (revert to steam default, cache clean, use winrar, anti viri off, etc..), or just wait for an official steam installed patch somewhere down the line (shouldnt be to long now).
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children
Old 10-16-2012, 10:43 AM
Approved Member

Appreciate the advice. So far I've reverted to last Steam version, cleared cache, removed conf.ini and reinstalled latest DX. I will look at removing the game entirely and begining afresh. I'll take my troubles elsewhere though and not clutter this thread any more than necessary.
Old 10-16-2012, 11:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Appreciate the advice. So far I've reverted to last Steam version, cleared cache, removed conf.ini and reinstalled latest DX. I will look at removing the game entirely and begining afresh. I'll take my troubles elsewhere though and not clutter this thread any more than necessary.
I have rerolled to steamversion and deleted cache too. But still i had bad textures in cockpits and duplicates of levers and stuff. Until i reinstalled completely. Everything except SLI runs smooth since then. Havin fun bigtime online.

Winger
Old 10-16-2012, 12:32 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Also try reinstalling .Net Framework 4 and other programs from the /redist/ folder.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I had problems along this line previous patch.
In the end I deinstalled then hunted for file and folders that stay behind.
Then I dit a regedit search for cliffssofdover found two keys remouved them and reinstalled.
after that all was wel again.