Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 06-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
I would bet money on that the auto-gen box is an intentional thing, a quick performance fix if you will and in all fairness I think it's the only thing the devs can do to really improve performance for the vast majority out there. I'm not complaining at all, it just confirms what luthier has mentioned quite a few times, the Speedtree trees are in fact, a problem. Who's talking about effects and directx versions BTW? I thought this thread was about the limited auto-gen box. Nobody's trying to look like a fool here, people are correctly reporting their observations found in the latest beta patch, in this case the limited auto-gen box. You are not giving the devs any credits here, insinuating that they are doing "tricks" to improve performance. Try to be a bit more respectful towards the intellect of the devs and exchange the word "tricks" to "temporary fixes that makes the game playable for everyone, even those that can't afford a nuclear power plant PC rig".

Good post there

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 06-30-2012, 06:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by addman View Post
I would bet money on that the auto-gen box is an intentional thing, a quick performance fix if you will and in all fairness I think it's the only thing the devs can do to really improve performance for the vast majority out there. I'm not complaining at all, it just confirms what luthier has mentioned quite a few times, the Speedtree trees are in fact, a problem. Who's talking about effects and directx versions BTW? I thought this thread was about the limited auto-gen box. Nobody's trying to look like a fool here, people are correctly reporting their observations found in the latest beta patch, in this case the limited auto-gen box. You are not giving the devs any credits here, insinuating that they are doing "tricks" to improve performance. Try to be a bit more respectful towards the intellect of the devs and exchange the word "tricks" to "temporary fixes that makes the game playable for everyone, even those that can't afford a nuclear power plant PC rig".
If it is intended as a quick performance fix it's failed miserably on my system.
Old 06-30-2012, 06:41 PM
Approved Member

If this is an intended fix for the trees will the Readme file confirm this next week? I actually sent returned FlightSim X because this was such an irritation when flying, and it looked alot better in that Sim then it does in this one. I really hope they are not going with this as a fix for the trees because I agree it looks horrendous.
Old 06-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PotNoodles View Post
If this is an intended fix for the trees will the Readme file confirm this next week? I actually sent returned FlightSim X because this was such an irritation when flying, and it looked alot better in that Sim then it does in this one. I really hope they are not going with this as a fix for the trees because I agree it looks horrendous.
+ 1
I returned to Rise of Flight now with weapon mods, I bought all mods, nice to see many good changes in this beta patch, but this flashing trees are very annoying. Sure, know its a "beta", but looks like broke beta with autogen subject and step back.

www.yoyosims.pl

Win 7 64, i7 930@3.76, GA-EX58-UD3R, 8Gb Patriot Viper II, ATI 7970 3Gb, 5 x SSD, res.1920x1080 27'', X-Fi Extreme Music + 5.1, TrackIR 5, TH Warthog, Throtlle Quadrant CH, Saitek Combat Pedals, Go Flight GF-P8, Saitek: Pro Flight Radio Panel, Pro Flight Switch Panel, Pro Flight Multi Panel, Instrumantals Panels, iPad2 for maps [FSX, DCS Ka50, A-10C, TOH:Hinds, RoF, CoD]
Old 06-30-2012, 08:34 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
Its a smegging beta you ?£$££$£, do you not know what beta means!
Most of us know what an Alpha is as well. Apparently, the devs don't though since they took an Alpha, boxed it up and put it on a shelf for $50.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:01 PM
Approved Member

YoYo, I think you have stumbled upon HarryPotterland and the magical forrest in that video.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:14 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
If you don't like being a BETA tester don't download a beta patch... and here I was thinking it was a pretty obvious solution!!
Really good advice Krupi, dont use the beta with all the bugs and problems, use the last official patch that no servers run with all the bugs and CTD's.

You know they just call it a beta because its a easy way to explain why the patch still hasn't fixed the bugs, every patch including betas, alphas and official has not fixed the problems, its like putting on a plaster on a missing leg.

This is never going to be fixed, its never going to be a BOB sim,the core engine is flawed and clunky and badly coded, and the devs dont have the time,expertize or skills to turn it around.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
Really good advice Krupi, dont use the beta with all the bugs and problems, use the last official patch that no servers run with all the bugs and CTD's.

You know they just call it a beta because its a easy way to explain why the patch still hasn't fixed the bugs, every patch including betas, alphas and official has not fixed the problems, its like putting on a plaster on a missing leg.

This is never going to be fixed, its never going to be a BOB sim,the core engine is flawed and clunky and badly coded, and the devs dont have the time,expertize or skills to turn it around.
+1

At least 1946 is still decent.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Approved Member

Speedtree doesn't eat much performance. It's widely used, even by other "flight" games.
Old 07-01-2012, 08:48 AM
Approved Member

For the records, I don't have any problems with the trees.