Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 08-10-2011, 10:09 PM
Approved Member

Did they really fly in bad weather? If not then why make a mission with rain and overcast just to be grounded?
Old 08-10-2011, 10:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vengeanze View Post
Did they really fly in bad weather? If not then why make a mission with rain and overcast just to be grounded?
You might look up the movie "First light", the starting scene.
Old 08-11-2011, 12:38 AM
Approved Member

I think alot of the mathematical and actual coding work has been done, you can see hints of it in the FMB. There is what appears to be a weather map overlay option although it doesn't do anything and there is also a weather menu with a flow and wind generator.

At the moment all you can really do is choose from 3 generic cloud cover types and set the height which is a shame but this is one of the key reasons the graphics engine is getting its overhaul is so they get the overhead to add more complex systems in.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:57 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_uk View Post
I think were in for a long wait
Another 7 years comes to mind
Take a break mate, your pessimism really tire.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:20 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigC208 View Post
I bought the Russian version while awaiting the US release...I'll buy the US edition just to support the team but will leave it in the box untill's it's patched up to the point that it makes sense for me to get a new computer to run it properly...
Surely you'd want to at least check what the game's like now? A lot of people have seen quite an improvement since the initial release of the Russian version.

------

About the beta clouds and weather in the FMB, it's not just being a resource hog that makes them practically unuseable. They do show some potential, but they are very underdeveloped imo.

I made a long and boring video a while back that, with very selective editing, showed off some of the beta clouds features -

This shorter one was less buggy. It was an attempt at lowering the clouds down low enough to imitate an overcast effect. I liked the way it almost looked like rain was falling in the distance where the clouds touched the water. -

Someone made some missions using the FMB clouds too, but I never got around to playing them so I don't know if they're worth searching out.
Old 08-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Approved Member

Not the first time someone ask the same questions.