Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 08-10-2011, 05:45 PM
Approved Member

Default Weather

Is there any weather in this game other than sunshine and poofy clouds?

If so can we see some? Would love to have some of videos or screenies showing what flying is like in crosswinds or if the rain runs down the windscreen when stationary and if it runs down the canopy in flight.

Is it fully implemented, as in, does it work or does the weather too need patching?

Cheers

S!
Mini
Old 08-10-2011, 05:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by _RAAF_Mini View Post
Is there any weather in this game other than sunshine and poofy clouds?

If so can we see some? Would love to have some of videos or screenies showing what flying is like in crosswinds or if the rain runs down the windscreen when stationary and if it runs down the canopy in flight.

Is it fully implemented, as in, does it work or does the weather too need patching?

Cheers

S!
Mini
I have heard of a weather system but I don't think it works well atm so its on the rework list I believe.

http://www.raf74.com/forums/showthre...-player-option

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:55 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JG52Krupi View Post
I have heard of a weather system but I don't think it works well atm so its on the rework list I believe.

http://www.raf74.com/forums/showthre...-player-option
Sweet..the future of this game looks very promising
Old 08-10-2011, 07:47 PM
Approved Member

Some parts of the new weather engine are included "as is" in the "Full Mission Builder" and can be used (at your own risk).
The module is still buggy, the rain isn't working, the GUI is a mess and can crash in a heart bit, but is fun to experiment with it.

You can try it for yourself. The "Local Weather" tab in the object list gives you access to few things. Play with them and see what you can do.
I can't wait for that part of the game, together with the new clouds to be included in the sim. To me the clouds and sky make the flying such a unic form of travel, and a flying sim should pay top priority to the things that make flying so beautiful.
EVGA GTX 780 Superclocked+ACX cooler.
8GB G.Skill ripjaws DDR3-1600
Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD
Seagate 750GB HDD
CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45
Win7 64bit
Old 08-10-2011, 08:12 PM
Approved Member

I think were in for a long wait
Another 7 years comes to mind
Old 08-10-2011, 08:29 PM
connie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_uk View Post
The future looks bright! Must not take eyes off the bright shiny thing, must not take eyes off.......
Old 08-10-2011, 09:14 PM
Approved Member

I believe they plan to model a quite dynamic atmosphere. From earlier WIP dev commentary vids I recall clouds having thermal winds drifting upwards, the cliffs of dover creating a wall of vertical wind if the direction faced the cliffs, other aircraft creating turbulence/propwash in the wake of their paths etc..

It's all down the pipeline, but like they also stated, current hardware cannot cope with the calculatation of all these factors. Basically this sim is striving to re-create dynamic physics true to life to really take everything to the "next level".

I feel CloD is the only flightsim out there currently pushing the frontline in the simming community. They're really setting new milestones with their technology, both weapons, damage, physics, weather etc. Most games these days care about these few things : Pretty graphics, fast paced action and movie-theatre sounds. I respect the developers seperating from the mainstream willing to try something groundbreaking in a field many has already labeled as ancient history, namely flightsims.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:23 PM
Approved Member

Sounds very promising then!

Living in England i know for a fact that our summer is never so predictable!

Will enjoy having a play once it's installed and "eventually" fully operational =]
Old 08-10-2011, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc_uk View Post
I bought the Russian version while awaiting the US release. Running it on my duo core 6600 at 3.4ghz has me decided to buy the US version. It looks and flies great over the water but over land and with clouds enabled it's a slide show. Also many crashes to the point that it spoils the fun of even looking at all the eye candy.

I'll buy the US edition just to support the team but will leave it in the box untill's it's patched up to the point that it makes sense for me to get a new computer to run it properly. Dynamic weather was one of the things that really piqued my interest. It's a big part of what got me into real world aviation.

I, for one, will be happy if in 7 years this sim reaches it's potential. Untill then keep your fingers crossed that the hardware needed will arrive sooner than that.
Old 08-10-2011, 09:51 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strike View Post
I believe they plan to model a quite dynamic atmosphere. From earlier WIP dev commentary vids I recall clouds having thermal winds drifting upwards, the cliffs of dover creating a wall of vertical wind if the direction faced the cliffs, other aircraft creating turbulence/propwash in the wake of their paths etc..

It's all down the pipeline, but like they also stated, current hardware cannot cope with the calculatation of all these factors. Basically this sim is striving to re-create dynamic physics true to life to really take everything to the "next level".

I feel CloD is the only flightsim out there currently pushing the frontline in the simming community. They're really setting new milestones with their technology, both weapons, damage, physics, weather etc. Most games these days care about these few things : Pretty graphics, fast paced action and movie-theatre sounds. I respect the developers seperating from the mainstream willing to try something groundbreaking in a field many has already labeled as ancient history, namely flightsims.
totally agreed