Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:15 AM
Approved Member

Oh come on....the devs got what they deserved, didn't they?

Now here we are, a community eager to play this game as it was meant to be, and willing to support the dev team.

They MUST keep us up to date about what they're doing in order to fix this mess. THEN we'll support them.

See the example of Rise of Flight. At first it was a buggy game with not much content to offer. However the devs kept tellnig us what they're working on, what their future plan is, and kep listening to the community. Today, we have no bugs, but a fantastic simulator. With the new patch due in May we'll get a new superbly complex career mode (something we've been whining for), optional field modifications (ditto), and many many other things, that will enable RoF to raise to an unprecedented level of awesomeness.

success is spelled C.O.M.M.U.N.I.C.A.T.I.O.N.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BP_Tailspin View Post
They do … they are exercising there freedom of speech rights …
Freedom of speech does not exist on a privately owned internet forum, my friend. That idea is something you can knock out of your head right away.

Their rules, their laws, and you accepted that once you agreed to the ToS/EULA for the boards. They can ban you for using the word freedom if they so choose, and there's nothing you can do about it. Hell, they don't even need a reason.

On topic: I don't think the game is going to tank at all. 1C's reputation, built through MANY years in IL2, is too good for that. To be honest, I'd be very, very suprised if we don't sit here and laugh about the launch of CLoD in 3 years time and then praise the work the team did to get it to whatever state it's in at that time. And 1C isn't going to tank due to this at all. They've got more legs to stand on, and while CLoD is a serious investment in terms of time and money for them, it's by no means their only cash-cow.

Me, I'm a patient creature. The €50 I spent on the game is well-spent money in my book, as I know the game will become better and better as each week passes. And should it not, I'll just shrug and move on. It's not the end of the world, and neither is it for anyone else.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:18 AM
Approved Member

S!

Communication, or lack thereof, can make a huge difference.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 609_Huetz View Post
Sometimes I am amazed to see what people waste their time and thoughts on.

This game has received the bad reviews because it is/was in a bad state. Period.

It is up to developers to limit the damage that has already been done and they are on the way of getting that right as far as I could tell.

We have supported the devs already in buying a beta.

If however the game fails, it is not the communities fault - we are here to point out what needs fixing. In our own words that is and that is also support.

Do yourself a favor and stop the fanboism and worshiping for once - the only feedback that will help in a long term is bad feedback, as paradox as it may sound. That is how this market and any market works so live with it. If something is broken and nobody points it out, it will not get fixed.

If you feel the urge to defend a piece of software as if it was your home, I strongly advice to rethink your priorities in life.
Your right COD was release in an awful state, but fans of the sim know the history of the developer to support their product. Yes post all the constructive criticism necessary, but also try to acknowledge along the way that there is a good possibility that the sim will be fixed and features added. This could keep some potential customers interested instead of driving them away. Its in our best interest for the new IL-2 series to survive, so that it can evolve into something far greater than the original series.
Asus GTX580 Direct CU II
60gigSSD with only Windows7 64bit, Hotas Peripherals, and COD running on it
500gig HD Dual Boot
Samsung 32"LG 120hz
MSFF2 Joystick
Cougar Throttle
Saitek Pro Rudder pedals
Voice Activation Controls
Track IR 5 ProClip
Old 04-22-2011, 07:26 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flanker35M View Post
S!

Communication, or lack thereof, can make a huge difference.
Just keep us informed and we will be there...say nothing and its bye bye
Old 04-22-2011, 07:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Buzzsaw* View Post
DO NOT KID YOURSELF. THIS GAME IS ON THE EDGE.
You Idiot!
i7-3930K@3.2Ghz&H100liquid|ASUSP9X79Deluxe&GTX680/OC|32GBGSkillPC2400|2TBRaid0|Antec1200&1200WTruePo wer|ASUSGV278H-3D|SBX-FiT-Pro|TurtlebeachDPX21|Win7-64U|G-15&G-25|TrackIR5|MSFFB2|CHPROThrottle|SaitekPedals|VRin sightFMyoke-modified,MCPIIBoeingcombo&CDUII|GoFlightThrottle|A rduinoUno&MegaI/F's|SAASseat.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:31 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by O_Smiladon View Post
Just keep us informed and we will be there...say nothing and its bye bye
Yes, information even bad one would give anyone a better feeling bout the game. They did communicate but it seems that they have stopped. But maybe they are in easter holidays. I hope that they stick to the information policy they did the weaks after release.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:39 AM
Approved Member

This game still needs a few years of development to be on par with DCS series (despite its outdated engine) or even modded IL2 in my opinion. IL2 took ten years to be developed into a classic flight simulator (still with quite some bugs and engine limitation). And I personally think modded IL2 still surpasses the CoD described by Oleg in all those development updates.

I think the best solution to save current situation is not continuing the development of CoD, because it is way too alpha. To develop this alpha into the ideal CoD in Oleg's mind will take too much time and money. And that's the very things the development team lack most.

However, revamping IL2 1946 will take much less time and fund. 1946 has a still very robust engine. This has been proved by the modding comunity. And i believe most 1946 players will be more than happy to purchase a polished IL2 with all old bugs and engine limitation removed and added brand new features. Actually Team Daidalos has done a very good job. They have accumulated plenty of precious experience in fixing the old bugs and adding new features.

This will get you the most money in the least time. And the players will be satisfied. With the money you get, you can continue the development of CoD without hurry.

Just my 2 cents.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jermin View Post
Just my 2 cents.
You just keep on with your 1846, that will keep you mighty happy.
i7-3930K@3.2Ghz&H100liquid|ASUSP9X79Deluxe&GTX680/OC|32GBGSkillPC2400|2TBRaid0|Antec1200&1200WTruePo wer|ASUSGV278H-3D|SBX-FiT-Pro|TurtlebeachDPX21|Win7-64U|G-15&G-25|TrackIR5|MSFFB2|CHPROThrottle|SaitekPedals|VRin sightFMyoke-modified,MCPIIBoeingcombo&CDUII|GoFlightThrottle|A rduinoUno&MegaI/F's|SAASseat.
Old 04-22-2011, 07:52 AM
Approved Member

I've been following the development of this sim from the beginning and i'm still reading this forum everyday but only if there are enough positive posts i'm buying it,not before.
I'm saving myself from a greater frustration,i rather read about it ,than experience it myself...
And yes the SH5 scenario is not unthinkable...