Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-29-2011, 01:51 AM
Approved Member

Default Ok Naysayers: Does Oleg get things done for his community?

Salute

Now we have the elimination of the E-Filter, maybe its time for certain people to eat some humble pie, and perhaps have a little more faith.

I think its clear we still have the best team in Flight Sim history working hard to give us a superb product.

Yes, there are going to be more bugs and issues, situation normal for software this complex.

But perhaps in the future when some individuals are tempted to fly off the handle, maybe time to take a deep breath and think twice.

Constructive criticism and bug identification is good, character assassination is not.
Old 03-29-2011, 01:56 AM
Approved Member

You mean Luthier and UBI?

I thank UBI for coming to there senses and since I have the Russian version I was never worried about the AE=0 issue

Now I can buy the Western version as well!

Old 03-29-2011, 02:11 AM
Approved Member

well said
Old 03-29-2011, 03:47 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
Big F-ing Deal! Maddox Games incorporated a binary variable that could deactivate a poorly implemented solution to problem that should have been anticipated and remedied far, far before launch. That's mere ass-covering competency meant to remedy incompetence in management and planning.

The public outcry against the filter is what forced Maddox Games' and Ubisoft's hands to make the filter optional. Maddox Games deserves very little credit for this minor fix to a major problem and a public relations SNAFU.
Dude, you are totally making it sound like you're unhappy about the decision, and are throwing yourself into the nay-sayer category. Why bother? If somebody makes a mistake, they can also choose, NOT to adress it, no? I'm glad it's fixed. You should be too, or at least show it.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:52 AM
Approved Member

The ill-considered, emotional reaction of some of the members of this board points to serious psychological development problems.

Or, in short, listening to my 4 and 2 year old fight over something.

The thought that some how Ubisoft or 1c deliberately planned to ruin the game just for the sake of being evil was not a rationale, adult response. But, it was one clearly advocated by people who live their lives according to simple stories: good vs. evil.

If this game upsets you this much, try finding something else to invest your emotional energy in: like a human being.
Old 03-29-2011, 03:52 AM
Approved Member

Not to mention it's only 1 piece of the patch. Apparently the patch should squash the stutter bug too assuming it doesn't create more heinous bugs. Arguing with people that want to be unhappy is pointless. 1C Maddox could quash every bug, and then the doom brigade would go back to grass. Fix the grass and make it look 100% real, they will be upset that a tree is in the wrong place somewhere on the vast terrain. Ad Nauseum.

I for one am glad that by the time it hits Europe the most glaring issue(s) will be gone, and that makes me wonder how much more finely it will be honed by the time I get it here in the US.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:09 AM
Approved Member

I think the better question is if oleg is still apart of making this game? Think he has passed
the torch to Ilya.
Old 03-29-2011, 05:34 AM
Approved Member

I learned my lesson that is for sure.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:00 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanner View Post
Big F-ing Deal! Maddox Games incorporated a binary variable that could deactivate a poorly implemented solution to problem that should have been anticipated and remedied far, far before launch. That's mere ass-covering competency meant to remedy incompetence in management and planning.

The public outcry against the filter is what forced Maddox Games' and Ubisoft's hands to make the filter optional. Maddox Games deserves very little credit for this minor fix to a major problem and a public relations SNAFU.
The E issue came up so late in the project, that the team couldn't possibly fix each individual 'E problem, so they built a blanket filter until each item could be fixed. The lawyers at UBI probably took another look at a very difficult decision and figured an obvious warning, the E filter on by default, and an option hidden in the config ini file could keep them relatively safe from litigation.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by No145_Hatter View Post
The ill-considered, emotional reaction of some of the members of this board points to serious psychological development problems.

Or, in short, listening to my 4 and 2 year old fight over something.

The thought that some how Ubisoft or 1c deliberately planned to ruin the game just for the sake of being evil was not a rationale, adult response. But, it was one clearly advocated by people who live their lives according to simple stories: good vs. evil.

If this game upsets you this much, try finding something else to invest your emotional energy in: like a human being.
Or, in short, listening to two members of No145 fight over something.

Otherwise, hear hear.