Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-15-2011, 09:43 PM
Approved Member

So much hate.

Personally speaking, the P-40 could contend on an equal footing with all the types of Messerschmitts, almost to the end of 1943.
~Nikolay Gerasimovitch Golodnikov
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
"placeholder dates"??

We've placed our Orders and had order confirmations with pre-release delivery dates! What is more 'official' than that?

Why is everyone so laid back about this nonsense? It was an expected mess until the orders were taken but now it's a contractual commitment.
He he, I've purchased software for millions of dollars with a lot less certainty about the actual release date for version x.x

Chill out!
Approved Member

Let's face it,the whole marketing of this game has so far been a complete sham,I don't think I can seriously recall such a sham in the marketing of a product in all the yearsI have been buying PC games.

I refuse to get uptight about this crap as it is really is laughable,have the inmates taken over the assylum?????.....what muppets are in charge,of running this launch?????.....hehe it's amazing,truly amusing too.

I too have pre-ordered and have been given the 25th of March as release day,but to be honest,I can't see it.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:12 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
I'm cancelling the order and will buy it through some other channel when they finally stop lying to us.
Wow, heads will roll now eh.

Quote:
And don't tell me they're not or that a delivery date on my order confirmation and a release date on their website isn't a commitment. If it isn't it should be confirmed and listed as "estimated delivery date" to use their own very late words.
Er, it isn't a commitment. I know you said not to tell you, but someone needs to. You agreed to their terms, which state "UBI ... MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ... TIMELINESS.. AND ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION, SOFTWARE, PRODUCTS" etc.

They intend to have it out on the 25th, we're not yet sure they won't - it looks like it's now gone gold. And if they don't, how long will it be and whose fault is it? We don't know, but you're going to throw your toys out of the pram anyway.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:23 PM
Approved Member

My god, what whiny bunch you lot are.

You've been waiting 5 years for this thing to come out, another 15 or 16 days won't kill you.

Plus the official date is what ever date UBI publishes. I don't care what reseller's say, UBI (as much as I despise them) is the official publisher for anyone out side of Russia (? correct me if I'm wrong).

The resellers don't just sell CoD, they've got other more lucrative games to worry about and we simmers have to wait for some pimply faced teenager to update the dates on the resellers websites (over generalisation there I know), but believe me IL-2: CoD is not a high priority for them in terms profitability, so don't expect gold plated service. They'd be more interested in the other COD which sells millions of units.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Approved Member

Keep cool guys. The game is coming soon. One week more or less isn't the end of the world, especially after so many years of developpement. And maybe some people here should check out the real life a little more
Old 03-15-2011, 10:42 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Well we do now. This is from Ubisoft today, 15th March, after I emailed them asking delivery on my paid-for outstanding order:

"We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

The product that you ordered is a pre-order and has not yet been
released to the public. Although we do not have an estimated release
date
, as soon as it is available your order will be promptly fulfilled
and you will be notified via email."

I'm cancelling the order and will buy it through some other channel when they finally stop lying to us. And don't tell me they're not or that a delivery date on my order confirmation and a release date on their website isn't a commitment. If it isn't it should be confirmed and listed as "estimated delivery date" to use their own very late words. They've had long enough to get their sh*t in one sock.
No one is lying to you, is it really that hard to get that into your thick skull?
Old 03-15-2011, 10:55 PM
Approved Member

Maybe Ubisoft learnt from the SH5 lesson and are beefing up their servers. This is the biggest SIM release for the next couple of years.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:58 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElAurens View Post
So much hate.

Its not hate. Its contempt.

I'm used to dealing with people and organisations that at least try to keep their promises and explain themselves if they don't. Many posters here obviously don't expect that of Ubisoft and perhaps that is based on their previous Ubisoft experience. I have never bought from them before.

Expectations of Ubisoft are obviously very low around here.

Triggaaarr, re-read the email they sent me, they do not have a release date yet. Of course that information could just be another spectacular piece of incompetence.

btw Codex what is UBI's Official Published date if it isn't what is on their website?

This isn't a moan about further delays to official launch. It has been launched. Some of us have actually paid for it. They simply weren't going to bother to tell me I wasn't going to get it when I expected to based on their own dates.

But then I guess I'm just old-fashioned.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders

Last edited by klem; 03-15-2011 at 11:02 PM.
Old 03-15-2011, 11:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Some of us have actually paid for it. .
I pre ordered sevearal Collector Edition from Ubi.
aven't been debited yet.
Will be when they ship.

Have you actually been debited? Just curious