Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 03-15-2011, 11:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vevster View Post
indeed you did...
Old 03-15-2011, 11:54 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zauii View Post
So what can we learn from this? Wait for official word instead of trusting placeholder dates.
"placeholder dates"??

We've placed our Orders and had order confirmations with pre-release delivery dates! What is more 'official' than that?

Why is everyone so laid back about this nonsense? It was an expected mess until the orders were taken but now it's a contractual commitment.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 03-15-2011, 12:02 PM
Approved Member

I think maybe it is not a worldwide simultaneous launch.

Each one of these websites is located in different countries and maybe there is a contract saying the respectives dates for them to start to sell CoD.

I live in Brazil, so I will buy a digital copy on the first release day, no matters where or who is selling it.

The only thing that sounds strange here is if you need a Steam account to play, why there is no advertisement at all on Steam abou CoD ???

I hope there is no delay on launch because I managed to get a 6 day leave from work starting 25th march

A couple of weeks and we all will know the truth
Old 03-15-2011, 12:15 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by klem View Post
"placeholder dates"??

We've placed our Orders and had order confirmations with pre-release delivery dates! What is more 'official' than that?

Why is everyone so laid back about this nonsense? It was an expected mess until the orders were taken but now it's a contractual commitment.
Because a week delay is not the end of the world, maybe.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:48 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TacKY View Post
Damn, how about Oleg clear it up with us? This xxxx is getting out of hand.
It's not up to Oleg is it. If he hands a game over to the publisher on a given date, he can't guarantee how long it will take that publisher to release it. If his delivery date to the publisher has slipped, I expect we'll hear when they know enough to keep us informed.

In terms of xxxx getting out of hand, perhaps you're confusing the possibility of a minor delay in a game release with some recent natural disasters.

Last edited by KG26_Alpha; 03-19-2011 at 10:49 AM.
Old 03-15-2011, 12:52 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
It was an expected mess until the orders were taken but now it's a contractual commitment.
What contractual commitment? If you have a contract with someone to provide the game by the 25th March, and they don't, you can sue then can't you. But you don't, do you. If you can find your contract, try reading it.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:28 PM
Approved Member

take 10slowdeep breaths.lolnow doesnt that feel better,still dont know WTF's going on but i feel better
Old 03-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Approved Member

Still shows : Releases: 24/03/2011 for me on the fubarsoft shop.
Old 03-15-2011, 01:40 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
"placeholder dates"??

Some of us here do order games more than once a decade and/or at least know that unforeseen things can occur, that and as above its not the end of the world.
Old 03-15-2011, 09:19 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SsSsSsSsSnake View Post
take 10slowdeep breaths.lolnow doesnt that feel better,still dont know WTF's going on but i feel better
Well we do now. This is from Ubisoft today, 15th March, after I emailed them asking delivery on my paid-for outstanding order:

"We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

The product that you ordered is a pre-order and has not yet been
released to the public. Although we do not have an estimated release
date
, as soon as it is available your order will be promptly fulfilled
and you will be notified via email."

I'm cancelling the order and will buy it through some other channel when they finally stop lying to us. And don't tell me they're not or that a delivery date on my order confirmation and a release date on their website isn't a commitment. If it isn't it should be confirmed and listed as "estimated delivery date" to use their own very late words. They've had long enough to get their sh*t in one sock.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders