Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 10-31-2012, 03:53 PM
Pegasus_Eagle

Quote:
Originally Posted by raaaid View Post
I HAD THIS PROBLEM REAL BAD BETWEEN 1 AND 2 KM PLAENS WER TOTALLY INVISIBLE

SOLVED IT SETTING TEXTURES TO ORIGINAL AND MODELS TO HIGH WHICH I CAN EVEN RUN IN MY POOR SYSTEM

sorry about the caps but this solved it for me so should solve it for the rest
i think i will give that a try

ty raaaid S!
Old 10-31-2012, 05:40 PM
Approved Member

i run the game at 640*480 i just tweaked those two things which solved plane invisibilty between one and two km

also have on high the efects and get 50-60 fps inside the cockpit and 80 outside, all other things have it on minimum, shadows for example half my fps

if i chage res to 800*600 i get 25 fps which i dont like

in fact the game is updating itself quite often, i have proofs

i guess they are doing secret minifixes patches with the advantage of improving the game without the anoyance of people in forums wanting this and that and the moon

I PREFER TO LOVE WITHOUT BEING LOVED THAT NOT LOVE AT ALL
Old 11-01-2012, 08:59 AM
Approved Member

mhh while musing around about this problem, I've got another Idea, because of my visibility problems:
I've switched off the ingame-AA (I thought people said it doesn't do much anyways), as well as shadows (!)
Could that play a part? Sorry, I can't actually test that right now because of *some* other problems
Old 11-01-2012, 05:29 PM
Approved Member

well after playing again i noticed my method doesnt solved it totally but improve it, i will keep tweaking to see

edit:

i think i know why yesterday the problem was solved and now not so well, i tweaked my gpu, it has to be on let aplication decide, testing now

edit:
nope didnt totally solve it in certain positions planes keep being invisible between one and 2 km

I PREFER TO LOVE WITHOUT BEING LOVED THAT NOT LOVE AT ALL

Last edited by raaaid; 11-01-2012 at 08:12 PM.
Old 11-03-2012, 11:02 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roblex View Post
Not sure I can use a 'normal' FOV considering I only use the TrackIR 6DOF to change FOV
hiya Roblex,

using track IR is no problem at all (if you use its main 6DoF feature as intended)

first you set your "correct FoV" (as stated earlier in this thread), then with the 6DoF of the track-ir you can turn your "in-game head" left right and in all directions while the same FoV setting is maintained all the time. instead of using a mouse of Kb keys to look around, you simply turn your head.

and you have the extra benefit with the track-ir 6DoF that when you lean forwards to have a closer look at some of the cockpit instruments they magnify in size and are easier to read (because your eyes are now significantly closer to them), but during the same movement the distant aircraft LoD models and Dots you see in the distance do not change in size because you leaning 20 cm closer to the screen (being equal movement of leaning roughly 20 cm forward in the cockpit) is an insignificant change in distance compared to looking at a 1 cm wide LoD model representing a ME109 about 1 km away for ex. and that is exactly how it would work in real life, and is the purpose of having a correctly implemented 6DoF in a game
President Dwight D. Eisenhower 1953: Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and are not clothed. This world in arms is not spending money alone, it is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children
Old 11-04-2012, 03:45 AM
Approved Member

The gauges don't get magnified though... the FoV changes, which affects the depth of field
Intel 980x | eVGA X58 FTW | Intel 180Gb 520 SSD x 2 | eVGA GTX 580 | Corsair Vengeance 1600 x 12Gb | Windows 7 Ultimate (SP1) 64 bit | Corsair 550D | Corsair HX 1000 PSU | Eaton 1500va UPS | Warthog HOTAS w/- Saitek rudders | Samsung PX2370 Monitor | Deathadder 3500 mouse | MS X6 Keyboard | TIR4

Stand alone Collector's Edition
DCS Series

Even duct tape can't fix stupid... but it can muffle the sound.