Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 04-13-2011, 12:38 PM
Approved Member

Default Unlock hd 6950 to 6970

Hi guys i was just wondering if any of yous unlocked you hd 6950 to a 6970?also did yous just unlock the shaders or did yous overclock also?Also is it safe to do so,thanks
Old 04-13-2011, 12:57 PM
Approved Member

I modded it into a straight 6970. No problems so far other than that the fan is always at 24% idle - which is loudest part of my system.

No temperature issues but I do have dedicated air duct just for the gfx card so it runs pretty cool.
Old 04-13-2011, 01:37 PM
Approved Member

Needless to say, proceed at your own risk.
I'm reading up on the 6970 with a view to an upgrade and one one retailer's forums (NCIX) some posters were complaining that they'd "bricked" (as I understand it, they've been left with artifacts even after flashing it back to 6950) their 6950 after flashing them with the 6970 bios, others have not had any problem.
At the end of the day, it's up to you to decide if it's worth the risk but that anecdotal evidence suggests that the risk is more than just theoretical.