Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Theatre of War series

Theatre of War series The most historically accurate RTS games

Old 04-11-2011, 11:20 AM
Approved Member

If you're going to reinstall Windows only for this, don't, i don't think it would help.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:57 PM
Registered Member

It was either that, or using the restore cd. Lately other games have been refusing to start up. Have to do it about 3 times.

LFD2 and Fallout so far. I fire them up and it says windows ran into a problem and has to close.

The weird thing is after I get in game in all of them, (after about 50 or so hours total so far on the new rig) I have not had one slow down or ctd in any games. The exception of Theatre of War 3 not working at all.

CPU temps are perfect, drivers up to date,unistalled and re-installed and other misc programs work better than ever. It's a weird combo.

Last edited by czingerx; 04-11-2011 at 10:59 PM.
Old 04-12-2011, 06:24 AM
Approved Member

You said that ToW worked fine at first; do you remember what settings you changed after that?
Old 04-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
You said that ToW worked fine at first; do you remember what settings you changed after that?
Yes sir. I was rehashen all day today.

I finally got it to work. Just got 5 full games in with no freezing, max graphics, and silky smooth framerates.

I uninstalled "Bitdefender" that I switched too this week, after having Kaspersky for awhile.

I also had enabled "Game Mode" and added "Steam" and "Theatre of War" to the exclusions list and also disabled it. (It seems it was still doing something after all of that.)

So I said to myself, this has to go, it's one of the last changes I made in my list, and so far so good.

I want to thank you Sneaksie for grinding it out with me, and teaching me a couple of things. Thanks man.

Last edited by czingerx; 04-14-2011 at 06:25 AM.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:06 PM
Approved Member

Wow, AV software... didn't think its possible. Good that you're persistent and the culprit was found
Old 04-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Approved Member

Default cont

yesterday the kursk cd froze again while playing the brit campaign,the game froze and i pressed ctrl alt del and the task manager came on and then froze together with the mouse.I put off the pc from the main switch behind and rebooted.At start up i got the message HDTRL missing,Rush down to the store and the techs find out the HD got cut off in windows.They had to feed info in to the hard drive from an external HD together with a driver and reactivated windows and pc again.This is the first time in 15 years that a game has sabotaged my pc.This game and all the other TOW freeze all the time !!!!! do something about it!!!