Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Units, artifacts and armor-bearers

Units, artifacts and armor-bearers Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts and armor-bearers.

Old 07-02-2010, 08:03 AM
Approved Member

Default Splinter of Darkness

Hi there,

I desperately need splinter of darkness for my DK. It seems that there is no way to get this item except from Moron the DK. Could you please explain to me how to get Power of Darkness to 0%? Yes, I know I have to kill demon and undead. The question is: if I kill Orcs or Dwarfs, does the power of darkness get lower? Or if I have to encounter a troop, which consists of both undead and human, or demon and elfs, which will happen? The power of darkness gets lower doesn't it?

Another question: is there any other way to resurrect the undead without using evlin?

I am playing an impossible no-loss warrior and intend to win the game with one stack of Dark Knight. I think splinter of darkness and elvin are a must to complete my plan =) Does anyone share me some experience please?

Thank you so much.
Old 07-02-2010, 09:43 AM
Approved Member

just admit - you've read somewhere on forum how someone has done no loss impossible game using black knights and now you think you can do it too, even though you don't know some elemental things about the game?

i love these "instant guru" wannabes

a friendly advice: play couple games for fun and during that time try to learn about game mechanics, units, enemies, their abilities & spells. once you learn (among other elemental things) answers to your (noobish ) questions, then you're ready to do impossible no loss game.

cheers

Last edited by karabaja; 07-02-2010 at 09:46 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 10:54 AM
Approved Member

That was a bit harsh, karabaja. Going around calling someone NOOB and so on shows a severe lack of respect. It's way better to show him he doesn't know anything about the game, them he'll ask for help himself.

Still, I must admit that the opening post does show certain lack of competence.

It's best to read in advance (info thread, manuals, strategies, "how to do" posts and so on) and then go for something specific such as a target goal. For example, if you don't have the black helmet in your game, your splinter of darkness is as worthless as a stack of 50 peasants. If you kite directly to Elon, buy the helmet in advance, get Moro, do simple quests and start the game, you'll lose 2 game days at most. So far so good. But if you kill stacks just like that, unless the enemy army composition is favorable, it will take quite a while to achieve your goal (in essence, get the splinter along with the helmet).

Doing the Black Knight tactic is cool, but it does require a lot of knowledge about the game.

Last edited by DGDobrev; 07-02-2010 at 10:57 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 11:35 AM
Approved Member

@karabaja: the truth is I completed my last game in hard mode with one stack of BK but only when I finished about half of the game. Now with my impossible warrior, day 15 so far, I have more than 100 no-loss battle. Please don't think that I am showing off. Just want you to know that I am not a so-called "noob". Ok?
This if my very first post in this forum. As someone says:"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are a fool rather than opening your mouth and proof it". This "proverb" obsesses me so much that I do not dare post anything but only watch the forum silently. Admittedly, your post is really a hurt to me.

@DGD: I am already on day 15, with hunter, elfs, bowman and the two red and black dragons with Trigger as companion. Well, I read quite a lot posts in this forum but could not find any discussing especially about this unit. Now I have evlin spell as well as the Black Helmet, also finish Mesmer's task. In order to get the splinter of darkness, I have to kill lots of demon and undead. But the enemy in Shettera and Nameless land are almost invincible. That's why I want to know whether the power of darkness gets lower if I kill orcs or dwarfs or not. Yes, I should exprience myself but I think I can get some useful information using BK if asking someone in the forum. For example, I have accidently read one post saying that teleport spell helps you not to lose a turn using elvin.

P/s: I am not kind of people seeing something interesting and trying to mimic with a shallow head. Thank you.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:11 PM
Approved Member

To answer the OP:

To get the splinter, you need to kill undead/demon with Moro Dark, while using no undead/demon on your side. Each battle with decrease his dark power by a few percent, and when it reaches zero, talk to Moro Dark.

I found that you need to save the whole nameless island and demon island, plus a bit more undead stacks in earlier islands (e.g. those ghost ships and haunted castles) to unlock the splinter. If you haven't then you may find yourself a few percent short.

The Black Helmet gives a HUGE boost to no. of BKs you can command, so it's very important.

For healing undead, you can use Time back as well.
Old 07-02-2010, 12:35 PM
Approved Member

Thank you kcwong =) Luckily, the ship wreck in Rusty Anchor island sells the Black Helmet with 27k gold. I know I can't have the undead set (+2 morale to undead) without this helmet So, from you said I can infer that killing orcs, dwarven, lizardmen or neutral creatures does not lower or raise the power of darkness. And thanks for sharing the tips
Old 07-02-2010, 03:23 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
For example, if you don't have the black helmet in your game, your splinter of darkness is as worthless as a stack of 50 peasants.
You're kidding, right?
Old 07-03-2010, 07:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
That was a bit harsh, karabaja. Going around calling someone NOOB and so on shows a severe lack of respect. It's way better to show him he doesn't know anything about the game, them he'll ask for help himself.
ok, i agree i sounded a bit harsh. i never meant to insult him, just make him realize that his goal and his knowledge about the game are in total disproportion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiteshark243 View Post
@karabaja: the truth is I completed my last game in hard mode with one stack of BK but only when I finished about half of the game. Now with my impossible warrior, day 15 so far, I have more than 100 no-loss battle. Please don't think that I am showing off. Just want you to know that I am not a so-called "noob". Ok?
well, for someone who has already finished the game, you should know at least that with timeback spell you can resurrect any unit, except his (or her?) majesty - BD, of course
Quote:
This if my very first post in this forum. As someone says:"It's better to keep your mouth shut and let people think you are a fool rather than opening your mouth and proof it". This "proverb" obsesses me so much that I do not dare post anything but only watch the forum silently. Admittedly, your post is really a hurt to me.
i am sorry if you're hurt, like i said before, that wasn't my intention. tell me, what would you say to someone who comes to you and say: "i wanna win f1 world championship, but i don't know what apex, downforce or understeer is, can you explain it to me, please?" i think you wouldn't take him too seriously at least.
Quote:
P/s: I am not kind of people seeing something interesting and trying to mimic with a shallow head. Thank you.
i'm sorry again, but you sounded just like that

cheers and nhf
Old 07-03-2010, 03:19 PM
Approved Member

Well, finally I got the Splinter of Darkness. Ok, I admit that if I exprience the game myself, maybe I can find the answer to my own question, not necessary to open a "noobish" thread like this one. I do not intend to post anything to make a war but your words really make me wonder.

1. So, all the gamers who finished this game 1 or more times HAVE TO know that "timeback spell can resurrect any unit", right? You say as if all of us must be an expert in KB as you are and only have the right to ask such enormous question like:"How to win KBAP in 1 day?" King's Bounty has various aspects and I think it's acceptable to ask such question. Going around this forum, I can see some questions that seem "noobish" as you said but all gamers help each other and also share interesting tips related to those "noobish" questions. That's why this forum was created my friend, not for you going around saying sth snobbish like this.

2. I don't know you and don't know your "talent" in KB. And I think you don't know what I can do in this game either. So please, don't judge someone's goal or knowledge without knowing anything about him. Even in a game or real life.

3. Your comparison is irrational. As I said before, the game has so many areas and players have a variety of ways to access. The noobish question with someone maybe make another sometimes to discover.

Thank you.

Last edited by whiteshark243; 07-04-2010 at 02:25 PM. Reason: spelling error
Old 07-04-2010, 03:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
1. So, all the gamers who finished this game 1 or more times HAVE TO know that "timeback spell can resurrect any unit", right?
I never saw Timeback spell in my first two games... and I only get Armageddon with compatible gears in my third game, where I was playing a warrior.

RNG is usually outright hostile to me. T_T