Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Units, artifacts and armor-bearers

Units, artifacts and armor-bearers Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts and armor-bearers.

Old 02-14-2010, 08:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lauvhk View Post
While Ancient Ent can defeat the Archdemon, it would be interesting to see how it deals with the Cyclops. I will leave it to the number crunching players.
Very good point, the cyclops is not to be underestimated. Considering he is a sniper (no distance penalty) and an archer (basic attack is ranged so he can crit, the AE can't crit with the swarm), considering relative resistances and AT-DE values, I think it comes down to the layout of the grid.

I made some calculations - very approximately - and I think if they just stand and exchange distant blows, considering the AE can strike only once every two rounds, it would take him over 30 turns to take down the cyclops, so around round 24-25 it will be the AE to perish. However if the AE manages to close distance and so eliminate the damage reduction to swarm, then he has a good chance to win.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:29 AM
Approved Member

A few things:

1) Abilities that damage take into account Attack and Defense. Otherwise abilities like the breath attacks for black and red dragons wouldn't do nearly as much damage as their normal attack.

2) Ancient Ents have less leadership than an Archdemon, meaning that the AD wins hands down due to Halve ability triggering.

3) Tirex looks like it should easily kill an Archdemon in a fight. SO I think our little tournament would depend on fight order. If Black, Red, or Green Dragon takes out the tirex first, archdemon wins. If tirex takes out Archdemon first...

Actually, that's a good question, Does a single black dragon beat a single green? 50% fire resistance vs 20 physical, but the green has lower base damage, stats, and health. Target capture though helps close the gap quite a bit.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:38 AM
Approved Member

A New contestant Appears:

Ancient Phoenix, I choose you!
Old 02-14-2010, 11:03 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
A New contestant Appears:

Ancient Phoenix, I choose you!
Indeed I mentioned the AP in an earlier post. With 140-240 dmg and 40% crit it's an extremely strong candidate, and that's without considering that, to reflect the "rebirth" talent, it should be killed twice...

On the other hand maybe it should be considered out of league, a sort of "lvl 6".

BTW are there any mods who make AP just buyable? Imagine an army with 20-30 of them...

Trex vs AD: at first I thought the best Trex can do is a draw, since AD can keep teleporting away. But if primal fear works on AD, then - albeit very slowly - Trex could win.

However, if you are right about how "halve" works (I suspect it works on number of troops rather than overall health and would thus be useless in a one-on-one fight) then AD would have an excellent chance of taking down the Trex.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:24 PM
Approved Member

The halve works...

I just faced a few Arch demons with my 1 bone dragon, 4 black and 5 red dragons and in round 1 the AD halved my Bonedragon, leaving it with 395hp..
Old 02-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Approved Member

This changes things quite a bit... I suppose this makes the archdemon once again favorite versus the ancient ent and the t-rex, if not against the ancient phoenix. But maybe with his fire resistance he trumps even that one.
Old 02-14-2010, 06:32 PM
Approved Member

I correct myself, the t-rex has higher leadership so is immune.
Old 02-14-2010, 07:27 PM
Approved Member

Ancient Phoenix has 1 leadership, so yeah, he wins that one too.

I know.. you say '1 leadership, really?'. It is true however. I believe this is so that you wouldn't summon one and have it immediately go berserk? Not sure.
Old 02-14-2010, 09:18 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Ludwig View Post

BTW are there any mods who make AP just buyable? Imagine an army with 20-30 of them...
That would be great, Ancient Phoenix is otherwise completely useless and pointless to summon over any other spell.
Old 02-14-2010, 10:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hento View Post
That would be great, Ancient Phoenix is otherwise completely useless and pointless to summon over any other spell.
Couldn't agree more. I only used the phoenix in my very first KB:TL game and never after that. Rather a waste of mana and crystals.