Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Units, artifacts and armor-bearers

Units, artifacts and armor-bearers Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts and armor-bearers.

Old 12-15-2009, 09:48 AM
Approved Member

Deamons/executioners
Old 12-15-2009, 11:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGDobrev View Post
They are The only real trouble with them is that you can't resurrect them.
Yeah.
The only way to heal them, I think, is the dancing axes skill of Shamans.
And I also think the only magic spell that affect them is Armageddon.

Am I right?
Old 12-15-2009, 11:05 AM
Approved Member

and death star .. its sweet in ultrax
Old 12-15-2009, 07:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kings Bounty Hunter View Post
Seems that most will use a Mage, Inqusitor tank unit (green Dragon) and ? ?

I'd like people suggestion on the other two units Paladin and Fairies at the moment for me.
I don't think any ONE unit is mandatory for a party, but the different roles are:

Tank - Something with High health and defense, hopefully good resistances too. Best if rezzable, but not always necessary.

Control - A unit that can remove a problem stack from combat. Ogres, Dryads, Shamans, etc.

DPS - Unit that does a lot of damage, generally without giving the enemy the ability to retaliate. Supports the tank, tries not to ever take damage. (Vampires, Royal Snakes, Fairies, Archers, etc)

Summon - Units that can create summons to take blows, draw out retaliations, and null spells. (Dryads, Royal Thorns, Chosha's, Royal Griffons)

Healer - Unit to heal or ressurrect tanks and DPSers. Hopefully never is attacked directly

A lot of the best units will do multiples of these roles. For instance:

Demonologists: Summoner/Healer
Royal Griffon: Summoner/Tank
Paladin: Healer/Tank (Self rezzing tank!)
Dryad: Summoner/Control
Evil Beholder: Control/DPS
Dragons: Tank/DPS
Ogre: Tank/Control

It gives you a good idea for why they do what they do so well.
Old 12-23-2009, 05:57 PM
Registered Member

In my current game I got a stack of Archdemons with a Call of Colossus and I have been loving them. They have one of the highest inititives in the game so you'll always go first. Their teleport ability means you can instantly engage any troublesome unit on the map or you can reach any chest on the map in one move. They are tough enough to avoid getting any loss on most occasions in early to mid game. Their 'halve' ability can really reduce an enemy stack quickly.

If you get these very early you can literally drop one in the middle of an enemy formation and sit watch the chaos without much danger of losing it.

In late game when enemy stacks are big enough to actually kill an archdemon with a counter attack, I hold their action to the last. This way I can target weakened enemies or ones that can't fight back. Since they get to go first every round, you can then move them back to safety next round and still have enough moves to reengage again.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:17 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Direwolf View Post
LOL...yes i had a rude surprise in my first day battle after recruiting trolls when they didn't regen.

But, on the whole i think they are an EXCELLENT tank. Give them stone skin and avenging angel and the fact that they can be healed and you are rdy to rock and roll.

cheers,
DW
I think you mean "Rock and (T)roll"