Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Units, artifacts and armor-bearers

Units, artifacts and armor-bearers Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts and armor-bearers.

Old 11-24-2009, 08:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urbz View Post
I really wanted to try them since they seemed like such cool units, and they are quite awesome especially since i got the assassin's dagger aswell, although sadly it seems backstab cant crit, i guess it would be too imba though.
I'm not sure they're ideal for impossible without losses though and will probably end up replacing them, but i really enjoy backstabbing stuff.

Atm i use:
Inquisitors
Paladins ( only 11 though sofar )
Assassins ( using either paladins or assa's )
Archmages
Demonologists
Emerald Dragons ( first lvl5 units i found, and quite like them actually )

Reserve:
Cannoneers ( vs gremlin towers )

I found a few on Verona and a large stacks on namelesssa and shettera, this units have life drain skills ressig even demons and summoon demon spell which is great

screen as requested
Attached Images
File Type: jpg demonol.jpg (820.8 KB, 139 views)

Last edited by Elwin; 11-24-2009 at 08:50 AM.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:43 AM
Approved Member

On a side note, I though Archmagi were always suposed to spawn in the bell tower in Scarlet wind's graveyard. Anyone who wants archmagi, can try there. Other spawn places are the mage's tower in debir, the mage's tower in Elon, mage tower in verona and the temple near Demenion's castle on the town square with the mana fountain in Verona.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:37 PM
Approved Member

Thx guys, I finally found some in my Paladin game.

They are sweet.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:44 PM
Approved Member

Um... Dryads? I haven't picked them up in AP, but they were literally the strongest unit for most battles in TL. Sleep a large number of units on the battlefield, phantom them perhaps for more, no retal on units they attack... they are like the omega unit of doom if used correctly.

Ah, my Anga's Ruby army: Sprites, Dryads, Fairies Demonesses and Evil beholders. Pounded the tar out of anything... except dragons. OH lord not dragons. But man, it was like easy mode everywhen else.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:50 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
Um... Dryads? I haven't picked them up in AP, but they were literally the strongest unit for most battles in TL. Sleep a large number of units on the battlefield, phantom them perhaps for more, no retal on units they attack... they are like the omega unit of doom if used correctly.

Ah, my Anga's Ruby army: Sprites, Dryads, Fairies Demonesses and Evil beholders. Pounded the tar out of anything... except dragons. OH lord not dragons. But man, it was like easy mode everywhen else.
There's a set which buffs female units, should be well powerfull if you can manage to complete it.
Old 11-25-2009, 05:00 AM
Approved Member

My early game set, as a Warrior on Hard who is not particularly OCD about losses:

Royal Snakes
Inquisitors
Royal Thorns
Priests
Regular Snakes (due to finding the snake boots early)

After discovering Verona, troop availability broadened _significantly_ and I revamped to:

Royal Griffons
Inquisitors
Royal Thorns
Green Dragons
Assassins

By the time I was done with Bolo and working through Rusty, there weren't enough Royal Thorns around to keep up to leadership, so I swapped in Black Dragons discovered at Elon.

The Temple of Love was the first place in the game that I found Paladins, so I immediately benched the Inquisitors in favor of Paladins. This gives me the AOE rez that I need to take out those annoying geyser-spamming heroes I left behind in Rusty.

Currently clearing through Montero, and the Assassins are starting to feel like they're not pulling their full weight. I might bring back Inquisitors for a second source of rez.

Demonologists have been available, but not enough to fill the stack up to leadership.

Druids have been spotted in a couple places; they might be a nice unit to pick up, but I am not sure if their availability will support long-term use.

Archmages have been plentiful, but in KB:TL, I felt their DPS was lacking. Their utility spells seem less necessary in KB:AP, since I can use the dragon for telekinesis and I spam the Dive aoe anyway, and dragon tanks don't really require shield spells to be effective.

Dryads and other female units have been nowhere at all, not even Elon. From seeing the enemy stats, their damage has been nerfed about 20% (was 1-4 in KB:TL, now 1-3), but their default attack now has a 50% chance to put all the victim's special abilities on cooldown. That's a pretty nifty exchange. I've only found 1 piece of the female-buffing kit. Someday I will need to see how the full set fares, but not anytime soon.
Old 11-25-2009, 07:23 AM
Approved Member

Nah, sprites damage was never 1-4 ...
Question: where i can find plenty of Emerald dragons to recruit ?It was my favourite unit but i didnt met hem so far. And islands which i didnt visited yet are : uzala,elon,reha
Old 11-25-2009, 08:47 AM
Approved Member

Try Elon. There is a cave along the coast which should be full of them.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:29 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elwin View Post
Nah, sprites damage was never 1-4 ...
Question: where i can find plenty of Emerald dragons to recruit ?It was my favourite unit but i didnt met hem so far. And islands which i didnt visited yet are : uzala,elon,reha
I got them available twice already in 2 playthroughs in the Canal at the giant ( Lan Mandrago, cool reference to Wheel of Time btw. )
Quite like the unit aswell, solid tank with some nice skills.

Last edited by Urbz; 11-25-2009 at 09:40 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Approved Member

Yeah as i magei love his mana draining ... gonna throw uot royal thorns since they are too troublesome