Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King's Bounty: Armored Princess > Units, artifacts and armor-bearers

Units, artifacts and armor-bearers Discussion, questions and solutions about units, artifacts and armor-bearers.

Old 11-23-2009, 11:09 PM
Approved Member

Does anyone have a screenshot of a Demonologist?

What island did you find them on?

What are their characteristics?

thx!
DW
Old 11-24-2009, 12:53 AM
Approved Member

Well, the spawn places are random, but there have been demonologists on Bolo, Verona, Dersu, Shatterra and nameless in my games.

As for the unit, they can spawn various demons to help them. Their stats are (looking at the guide):

Race: Neutrals
Leadership: 210
Attack: 30
Defense: 25
Initiative: 6
Speed: 2
Crit: 12%
Damage (close combat): 9-10 phys
Damage (ranged): 12-14 fire
Damage vs. Demons: 18-21 magic
Health: 160
Resists: 25% fire, 25% magic

Shooting range: 4 squares
Old 11-24-2009, 06:27 AM
Approved Member

For me the essential units are Royal Snakes (for striking without retaliation), Paladins (for resurrection) and Inquisitors (for rage and resurrection). Royal Griffins are very useful too, but maybe a little vulnerable for a tank. Royal Thorns are insanely useful but not against heroes or stacks with lots of archers in it. Red Dragons are great. Currently I'm only using those 6 units, but I would definitely replace something with Archmages if I could find any.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:35 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zhuangzi View Post
For me the essential units are Royal Snakes (for striking without retaliation), Paladins (for resurrection) and Inquisitors (for rage and resurrection). Royal Griffins are very useful too, but maybe a little vulnerable for a tank. Royal Thorns are insanely useful but not against heroes or stacks with lots of archers in it. Red Dragons are great. Currently I'm only using those 6 units, but I would definitely replace something with Archmages if I could find any.
Word! I love Archmages, I got a lucky spawn early on the first island of 4 of them and I've been saving them in my reserves slot ever since. I can't find any more anywhere else!
Old 11-24-2009, 06:36 AM
Approved Member

P.S. Where are these Paladins everyone's raving about, I haven't found them anywhere since the training battles!
Old 11-24-2009, 06:41 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iankhadan View Post
P.S. Where are these Paladins everyone's raving about, I haven't found them anywhere since the training battles!
Verona and Rusty Anchor for me. Also limited supply in the temple of hope after completing the amulet quest.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:44 AM
Approved Member

For some reason I simply can't bring myself to use the human troops. They're too goody-two-shoes for me.

It's not just the aesthetics, they're just too.. tanky and slow. I prefer fast and hard hitting. Maybe because I always loved the warlock in the heroes series.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:05 AM
Approved Member

the paladin is different. it's a very very useful unit, no matter how far in the game you are. they don't move too much and they don't get to kill too much due to low speed, but they can be used as a support unit.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:07 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandea View Post
the paladin is different. it's a very very useful unit, no matter how far in the game you are. they don't move too much and they don't get to kill too much due to low speed, but they can be used as a support unit.
Indeed, paladin is more of a support unit with second wind and prayer. A great help on no loses battle.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:13 AM
Approved Member

I know, but they are probably best used for those who want no-losses. Myself I am playing with losses (although not many, I've already got the 3rd tactician medal and I'm level 12.

But if you want to play with no loss on higher difficulty I guess they are mandatory. They just don't suit my playstyle.