Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Theatre of War series

Theatre of War series The most historically accurate RTS games

Old 09-15-2008, 11:58 AM
Approved Member

2x2 km is quite small for WWIIdesert warfare... in order to plan some tank tactical move (and minimal ones... not even talking strategical), 5x5 km would be a minimum.

Other than that, new graphics seems vastly improved and the impossibility to enter buildings was what refrained me to purchase ToW I... so I probably will buy the sequel (even with the small maps).
Old 10-09-2008, 12:13 PM
Registered Member

Hm. Dont know TOW 1. What is the game like compared to FOW, or for example Panzers, COH and very soon MOW?
Old 10-13-2008, 07:33 AM
Approved Member

ToW1, as well ToW2, has real wepon ranges and unit characteristics, this means it's gameplay is completely different to Panzers or COH which trade realism for action. ToW belongs to real-time wargames like Close Combat series and it's successors or real-time mode of CMSF, not the action RTS.
Try the demo to see whether you like this kind of game or not: http://games.on.net/file/15107/Theat...emo_v1.10.0.81
Old 10-13-2008, 10:55 PM
Approved Member

It's important for me that the game's campaign either features a map or some other form of dynamism. A linear series of "you must kill every single enemy to proceed to the next fight" battles, like in TOW1, will not do it for me.

Strategy games are like that for me: the action is all good, but without a framework and meaning to the battles, they feel shallow and meaningless.
Old 10-18-2008, 01:01 AM
Registered Member

i remember somewhat that the original TOW used il2 engine to some degree, and we know il-2 has a nice online campaign mode with all the ground units. It would be incredible if TOW2 would support that (ofcourse using map editor is unavoidable , but still...).
Old 08-15-2009, 01:10 AM
Registered Member

My favourite feature is the CTD when I press Start Battle in the demo.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:34 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypertonic View Post
My favourite feature is the CTD when I press Start Battle in the demo.
So you gave up complaining about MoW because everyone pointed out how full of crap your comments were, now you try and taint the ToW name?

I've never had a CTD with either of the ToW games (and i know nobody who has). You are clearly just one of those sad individuals that goes from forum to forum trying to stir up shit by making up lies and acting all negative.

It's pathetic, grow up.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:38 AM
Registered Member

Correction: I have a life outside of this forum. It seems that your favourite game is Keyboard Commandos or maybe Fanboys: Forum Defense. Not my bag. I will endeavor to be more sensitive to the emotional needs of the nerd community in the future.
Old 08-16-2009, 02:56 AM
Approved Member

Ahh i see now, you are nothing but a troll.

It's quite clear as soon as you avoided actually arguing with me sensibly and went with the "you're a fanboy" approach.
I wish people on the internet would learn to debate things rather than just attempting to insult eachother.

But i appreciate the lack of swearing - Atleast you aren't under 15.

This won't get very far so i won't bother replying again.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:32 PM
Approved Member

Just got this game yesterday(just found out about it), not bad. Have to figure everything out. Looks great! More real, replay value for sure. Changing things in the game seems limited for now, but a least possible, definitely a keeper.

Last edited by kane1; 08-17-2009 at 06:33 AM.