Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Theatre of War series

Theatre of War series The most historically accurate RTS games

Old 08-11-2008, 08:03 AM
Approved Member

Default What do you think about the game?

We are very interested in your opinion on our games and wish you tell us what you think about Theatre of War 2. What are you wating from this game? How do you like graphics, gameplay, sound, advantages, disadvantages and so on. Feel free to express your thoughts.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:34 AM
Registered Member

It looks quite good but there is one thing bothering me.

I still haven't been able to get Theatre of War 1 working so why would i even bother buying the second one? If you would solve the "crash on load" problem and i actually can play the game then maybe i could be more excited about the second one.
Old 08-30-2008, 12:24 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moobke View Post
It looks quite good but there is one thing bothering me.

I still haven't been able to get Theatre of War 1 working so why would i even bother buying the second one? If you would solve the "crash on load" problem and i actually can play the game then maybe i could be more excited about the second one.
I got a few more suggestions.

1. Infantry fighting in close quarter combat are stupid, improve infantry AI.
2. Some kind of strategy map would be fantastic
3. There should be an advanced tutorial about unit statistics (especially tanks). Regarding armor, ammo types, ...
Old 08-31-2008, 01:33 AM
Registered Member

well i am a big fan of the original TOW i haven't had any problem runnign the game, I see in the videos of TOW 2 that the infantry goes to ground when they are in danger one thing that is good also there will be hand to hand combat also good.

But something i don't like that much is the few missions this game seens to come with i think there will be expantion to the game i hope so

Any way keep the good work guys make this game good...

Oh by the way i think you need to add a random battle generator for the game

Last edited by redbear; 08-31-2008 at 01:49 AM.
Old 08-31-2008, 08:37 AM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbear View Post
well i am a big fan of the original TOW i haven't had any problem runnign the game, I see in the videos of TOW 2 that the infantry goes to ground when they are in danger one thing that is good also there will be hand to hand combat also good.

But something i don't like that much is the few missions this game seens to come with i think there will be expantion to the game i hope so

Any way keep the good work guys make this game good...

Oh by the way i think you need to add a random battle generator for the game
I concur, some kind of battle generator would be cool. Where you can choose your map / let the game randomly make one. And then choose the units of your team and of the oposite team.
Old 09-01-2008, 08:27 AM
Approved Member

A proper dynamic campaign would be nice.
Larger maps. The ability to fight over protracted periods over the same area. Dig your own trenches build defences. Not have them pre-scripted. The blitzkrieg series although not in the same league had this ability.
If I want to build tank traps etc, then let me.
Ps will the game be using the same engine or an off-shoot of the SOW engine?
Old 09-01-2008, 10:26 AM
Approved Member

You will be able to reposition existing tank traps and some fortifications to suit your needs. The engine of ToW2 is an upgaded ToW one, with huge modification in render (it now supports HDR, ambient occlusion and other modern fancy stuff) and other game systems.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:29 PM
Approved Member

Sorry I posted before checking the demo movie.
It looks awesome.
Will the battle areas be bigger? And can the improved engine become later backwards compatable with th existing Theatre of war.
Old 09-02-2008, 02:05 AM
Registered Member

Can't wait! Thanks for being an independant and small developer. The big american companies are devouring everything out there, we need more europeans working on games!
Old 09-02-2008, 06:01 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobb4 View Post
Will the battle areas be bigger? And can the improved engine become later backwards compatable with th existing Theatre of war.
Areas are of the same size (2x2km max), but their textures and rendering routine were changed dramatically. Using megatexture technology we are able to show much more detailed landscape texture with normal mapping.
We'll try to make possible loading of existing ToW resources to ToW2, but some of the data will need corrections first (for example, tanks now have visibility sectors for each crew member, while old ones have 360 degree view). I think authors of JSH mod will handle that, if importing of old resources will be unofficial feature (it's unclear at the moment).