Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Theatre of War series

Theatre of War series The most historically accurate RTS games

Old 03-28-2008, 06:27 PM
Approved Member

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sneaksie View Post
'Modified' file attribute of core.dll is 25 December, right? If yes, please send log.lst and new files from cppcrash again to the same address, there may be additional reason for crashing.
Yes additional reason for crashes is that the patch is bugged lol.
Old 03-29-2008, 12:30 AM
Registered Member

Yes the 25th december
done as you requested
Old 04-01-2008, 10:55 AM
Registered Member

Unfortunatly the fixed ToW.exe does not work for me.
But i´m not quite sure if i have the version of the game the patch is meant for as it seems there are two versions distributed by Kalypso, an english one and a german one.
So could someone please tell me if the patch (and the fixed ToW.exe) already available is supposed to work with the german version from Kalypso, too?
Old 04-01-2008, 11:30 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2haegar View Post
So could someone please tell me if the patch (and the fixed ToW.exe) already available is supposed to work with the german version from Kalypso, too?
No, unfortunately this patch is not compatible with German Kalypso version. Patch for German version will be released as soon as we'll receive updated localization files from Kalypso.
Old 04-01-2008, 12:35 PM
Registered Member

Thank you for the quick answer. Looks like i´ll have to wait a while.
Old 04-01-2008, 03:45 PM
Registered Member

Default RE: Kalypso

Several times i had to post here, that the kalypso patch ( http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2958 )
with the updated tow.exe ( http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2987 ) is not working.

Now, nearly two weeks later, i have to read here, that the kalypso patch is not for the kalypso patch!

Please do not misunderstand me, but at the moment i feel a bit of anger, because no one said,
that this mysterious patch is only for the english version of kalypso.
Sorry, the main problem is that there are a lot of different versions out and nobody seems to have an overlook of what patch is for a specific version.

So please be so kind in the future:

- Do not produce so many different versions, and if You have to do it, so take care, that any patch, which is distributed anywhere, is suitable for any version!

- If You announce, that there is a patch for a specific version, please be so kind and tell us exactly the version ( i.e. english or german version),
because i don't believe that anyone here knows, that different kalypso versions do exist!

For the german version You wrote, that there are missing updated localization files. I do not believe, that it makes sense,
that You have to get data from a different subpublisher or from a similar construction, You really should have
a ruling position in this case and should never depend on a subpublisher.

Here i have to thank You, that i can get help if i have problems with Your software. And i get this help here in this forum not at a kalypso forum or anywhere else.
So please take care of Your future software for not making the same failures with a bunch of differing versions and go on with Your very nice forum.
Old 04-11-2008, 12:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by primus360 View Post
Several times i had to post here, that the kalypso patch ( http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2958 )
with the updated tow.exe ( http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=2987 ) is not working.

Now, nearly two weeks later, i have to read here, that the kalypso patch is not for the kalypso patch!

Please do not misunderstand me, but at the moment i feel a bit of anger, because no one said,
that this mysterious patch is only for the english version of kalypso.
Sorry, the main problem is that there are a lot of different versions out and nobody seems to have an overlook of what patch is for a specific version.

So please be so kind in the future:

- Do not produce so many different versions, and if You have to do it, so take care, that any patch, which is distributed anywhere, is suitable for any version!

- If You announce, that there is a patch for a specific version, please be so kind and tell us exactly the version ( i.e. english or german version),
because i don't believe that anyone here knows, that different kalypso versions do exist!

For the german version You wrote, that there are missing updated localization files. I do not believe, that it makes sense,
that You have to get data from a different subpublisher or from a similar construction, You really should have
a ruling position in this case and should never depend on a subpublisher.

Here i have to thank You, that i can get help if i have problems with Your software. And i get this help here in this forum not at a kalypso forum or anywhere else.
So please take care of Your future software for not making the same failures with a bunch of differing versions and go on with Your very nice forum.
If its any consolation,i can tell you,for a fact that the English patch problems are NOT at all solved by the so called FIX,so you Germans are no better,or no worse off than us English owning members of the Kalypso "Theatre of War" game,hope that makes you feel better lol.I mean atleast my method(of copying the old "Theatre of war",.exe,and saving it over the patched version),got the game started even if if still did crash to desktop when starting an actual game,but there patch does nothing and i mean NOTHING,still keeps asking for the Disk problem,jesus give me strength lol.

Last edited by Morgoth; 04-11-2008 at 12:13 AM.
Old 04-24-2008, 12:26 PM
Registered Member

Default What is the cra.....

Guys at 1C, whats gooing -on ! this is a non-sense, we purchase the game, download the patch and so much people has the (INSERT DVD ) stuff.

I mean, come-on thats your bread and butter getting your stuff to work and its not rocket science, just fix it its been over a month... geeee
Old 04-28-2008, 08:55 AM
Registered Member

Default Timescales

Im sure your working on this problem, but can you give us an idea of when we can expect a fix?

Thanks
Old 04-28-2008, 10:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pattens_evil_twin View Post
Im sure your working on this problem, but can you give us an idea of when we can expect a fix?

Thanks
You have english KALYPSO version and your DVD is not recognized?