Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Theatre of War series

Theatre of War series The most historically accurate RTS games

Old 03-12-2008, 10:52 PM
Registered Member

Can 1C please provide an estimate as to when the patch will be done. As stated prior it's 6 weeks that passed since Battlefront released their "UBER" patch and we are still left hanging, punishment from buying from the developer I guess.

Forget the fact that my game got hosed because I followed the original links on this site that pointed to Battlefront's patch, which after installed asked for an eLicense.
Old 03-15-2008, 09:19 PM
Registered Member

all we want to know is someone working on a patch, who is it, is it 1c? and why is it taking so long to release a patch for everyone else, it's the same code in the game so why so many delays and different patches?

Although I love the potential of this game I doubt that I will ever buy a game relating to 1C company/Battlefront again if this mess is not resolved. This is not a threat just a fact.

Very frustrated Marsupial
Old 03-17-2008, 09:17 PM
Registered Member

This is REALLY weird.. Please tell us you are working on it, tell us you expect to provide the patch in "X weeks" from now and we will be happy. Not responding is VERY unprofessional. The game is ok but having seen the patched version from a friend of mine that got the Battlefront version there is no comparison..
This situation makes no sense..
Old 03-18-2008, 08:41 PM
Registered Member

I agree with "issos" and "marsupial". I am equally frustrated that the patch has not been released for the 1C version of the game I purchased from "gogamer.com". I thought it was wise of me to save a few bucks anf buy the game from "gogamer" instead of Battlefront. Well, that was a mistake on my part. I had put in a "pre-order" for "King's Bounty" which I will cancel. In fact, in protest, I will not purchase another 1C game until this matter is resolved. 1C has great games but very poor customer service.
Old 03-19-2008, 05:43 AM
Approved Member

Guys, I've already stated, that it's not our responsibiity. We're just the developer of the game, but neither publisher nor distributor. So, the availability of the products updates isn't our business, in fact. So, we're very sorry about the situation, but it's business of the publisher.
Old 03-23-2008, 12:19 AM
Registered Member

My biggest problem is my boxed version has 1C company on the front and back and no word of any publisher anywhere on the box or in the documentation. All it has on the back is "Proudly distributed by NEWERA".

So who is the publisher of mine? which patch do I use, assuming there is one?

I have tried the Kalypso patch and the Battlefront patch and neither work.

Can someone explain this confusion to me? I have never ever heard of this going on before with publishers etc.

Obviously I bought the game and want the uber patch, I can wait but I cannot just sit here randomly installing patches that don't work because I have no idea who the publisher is.

Please can you advise and if not can you direct me to someone that can.
Old 03-28-2008, 07:18 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
My biggest problem is my boxed version has 1C company on the front and back and no word of any publisher anywhere on the box or in the documentation. All it has on the back is "Proudly distributed by NEWERA".

Can someone explain this confusion to me? I have never ever heard of this going on before with publishers etc.

Obviously I bought the game and want the uber patch, I can wait but I cannot just sit here randomly installing patches that don't work because I have no idea who the publisher is.

Hi, I advise you to write to Battlefront (on it's forum or to their support team) a message like this: "I have a version, which has on the back is "Proudly distributed by NEWERA".I know that you have distributed the game directly to them, I need a patch. Could you please help me?" They should help you.
Old 04-01-2008, 09:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post

Hello.

Actually, there are two NEWERAs, the Thai one and the Singaporean one. What is origin of your version, where did you buy it?
Old 04-02-2008, 09:08 AM
Registered Member

I have this game released by Newera.
It's a Thai version.

For info the default installation directory is 1compagny.

I tried all the patch released (Kalypso, frontline), the result is always the same: no good licence, no good media.

I follow the last post, it's not comprehensible that 1compagny as the architect of this marvellous game can't manage the release of patch for the different release.

Next time, i will thing twice before buying a game from 1compagny
Old 04-03-2008, 11:20 AM
Approved Member

Newera Games in Thailand has a website:

http://www.neweragames.co.th/home.php

It is in Thai, but you can read some of the tab headings in english if you cannot read Thai or are not lucky enough to have a cute Thai girlfriend to translate for you when she is not attending to your other needs.

If a localised patch is produced (possible but do not hold your breath) it will be on the updates page.