Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Theatre of War series

Theatre of War series The most historically accurate RTS games

Old 07-18-2011, 10:41 PM
Registered Member

Default TOW3 steam

i just got this game off of steam bad move #1 but could not find it els where and never had trouble befor but to the point the game starts just fine everything works fine in fact till it trys to lode a map loding fineshes and then CTD no error msg nothing just CTD need some help here would love to play this game if you need info on my sys just ask ill send what ever is needed.
Old 07-19-2011, 07:01 AM
Approved Member

Yes, please post your system specs.
Old 07-20-2011, 07:13 PM
Registered Member

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Other OS Description Not Available
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Name NITESHADES
System Manufacturer System manufacturer
System Model System Product Name
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 620 Processor, 2600 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 4 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 1105, 10/14/2009
SMBIOS Version 2.5
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name NITESHADES\Owner
Time Zone Central Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 8.00 GB
Available Physical Memory 6.32 GB
Total Virtual Memory 22.6 GB
Available Virtual Memory 20.8 GB
Page File Space 14.6 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

vidcard
Primary Adapter
Graphics Card Manufacturer Powered by AMD
Graphics Chipset ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series
Device ID 9490
Vendor 1002

Subsystem ID E100
Subsystem Vendor ID 174B

Graphics Bus Capability PCI Express 2.0
Maximum Bus Setting PCI Express 2.0 x16

BIOS Version 011.015.000.008
BIOS Part Number 113-BE1005SA-HY4
BIOS Date 2009/09/01

Memory Size 512 MB
Memory Type GDDR3

Core Clock in MHz 750 MHz
Memory Clock in MHz 873 MHz
Total Memory Bandwidth in GByte/s 27.9 GByte/s
Old 07-22-2011, 07:57 AM
Approved Member

Hmm, i would disable advanced features in Catalyst control center, like Catalyst AI. What is your Catalyst driver version? Also try setting graphics in the game settings to minimum, disable high landscape and sky detail. If it works, you can increase graphics step by step later.
Also try running the game executable manually as administrator by right-clicking on it and selecting 'Run as Administrator' from the context menu. Steam should do this for you, but i would try just in case.
Old 07-26-2011, 09:05 PM
Registered Member

i have tryed this thing in every mode i can come up with the only thing i have not tryed is the sujestion about the ati catalist but i do have so data to add the map bulder works till i try to lode a map then i get the same problem i get with trying to play the game i have found some dump files in the game directory that might help you solve this problem i just dont know where to send them.
all so i am not the only one with this problem there are others that have posted on the steam forum for this game with the same exact problem i have but if i could get a e-mail add to send the dump files to ill send them as soon as i can
as for the compatabilty mode and admin mode as well i have tryed it and i cant run it at all for when i put it in ether mode i get a error that tells me that the game can not be run in that mode i have never seen this befor

i have noticed that bouth the game and the map editor are instaled in some strange ailen res 1115x512 i have to reset it manully and i run it in 1366x768 and have tryed all res settings under that as well the reason i have to set it manully is that in that strange res the mouse pointer is so far off you cant finde the buttons with it i realy dont think this is the problem but i have lernd that eney thing is posable back to the main point though if i can get a address ill send the dump files i would have brought this up sooner but i didnt even know it was makeing them till i went into the game directory to try to change the setting manully i have even tryed running with only 1 cpu insted of all 4 and no change there ether

Last edited by niteshade247; 07-26-2011 at 09:17 PM.
Old 07-27-2011, 07:17 AM
Approved Member

Where is your Steam folder located, in C:\Program Files?

Go to the game folder and run the options.exe with administrator rights (right-click on it and choose 'run as administrator'). Set the correct resolution there, if 1366x768 doesn't work try 1024x768 for now. Uncheck high detail landscape and sky, EAX.

Go to Catalyst Control Center and uncheck Catalyst AI and make sure you're not forcing anti-aliasing there.

Try running the game via Steam. If it still crashes while loading the mission, please post the log.lst file here (you can zip it and attach to your post).
Old 07-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Registered Member

i dont think my reply went in so im going to try this agen just shorter have tryed all this ever the shutting down of the catalist ai no change still same old ctd here is the cppcrash file i found that it makes every time it crashes.

realy hope this helps to fix this i would love to get this game working and play it cuz if i like it i might just get the other 2 it looks realy grate its just agravatting not being able to play this one but your help sofar has made this exp a lot easyer to handle.
Attached Files
File Type: zip cppcrash.zip (213.8 KB, 1 views)
Old 07-31-2011, 07:46 PM
Approved Member

Have you tried this? It may help since your CPU is AMD one.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=1433109
Old 07-31-2011, 09:38 PM
Registered Member

yes just tryed this and still the same thing ctd right after lodeing is complete and i have all ready thought of this be for and i set the cpu to 1 core bouth in the bios and from the game i didnt think that to work but i did give it a shot all in all it is still ctd

did the dmp files not reveal eney thing or are they still beeing looked at?
Old 07-31-2011, 10:03 PM
Registered Member

i am going to DL the demo and if it runs with out this problem then it has to be that steam has a bad vertion of this game if it dont run them it has to be some compatt problem not just with my comp but the others that have reported this as well