Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD download, installation and activation threads

CoD download, installation and activation threads All discussions about installation, online activation and Steam

Old 03-31-2011, 08:42 PM
Approved Member

Unhappy Check your CC statements if gifting COD from steam

S! all
I'm not here to rant and complain about the game ect. I just would like all new members here and those first time members of steam to be careful. My bank is in the process of reviewing my complaint about illegal purchases on my account. The day that those illegal purchases were made was when i used my CC on Steam US to buy Cliffs Of Dover for a fiend. I have heard from a trusted IT friend that STEAM account attacks are on the rise. The crooks did not get much but it stoped me from buying more games for good friends. I have to wait a while before I get my account refunded. I just hope this message helps others not to have their money stolen. I have a old steam account and i purchased dloads for other games with no problem if anyone wanted to know.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:28 AM
Approved Member

Transactions through Steam use SSL so any compromises on security are down to user error (key loggers etc) or are coincidental.

Steam "account attacks" have nothing to do with credit card fraud but are people phishing for account passwords, your full credit card details are not visible on the account.