Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 08-10-2011, 12:08 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SYN_Bliss View Post
Force alternate frame rendering. The reason I showed those nvidia settings was to show that particular piece of information. With AFR enabled 1 card does the odd frames while the other does the even (every other) Prior to this driver, with AFR on you'd have a flickery mess. Now you don't.

The game needs a driver to support SLI fully, I agree, but it is scaling much better than what your tests are showing. I'm almost getting an 70-80% increase in performance across the board (FPS wise). I turn off AFR, and it's as if I'm running on one card.

Try it and report back.

Edit: just logged with MSI found that with AFR1 enabled both cards stay around 70%. So there is some gain there, but obviously not scaling like it should.
hahaha..I just rolled back because my results were pretty good and was enjoying the hell out of flying over London without my mirror at 40fps.

I tried AFR/ComBits with the last driver and it was stuttering...I guess I should have tried it with this new driver...I just figured shits broke.(it is) Maybe if I get bored. Im sure a fix will be out soon anyway. If there not one within a week, Ill go back and try it

EDIT: No I wont.
Quote:
Blair of NVIDIA said:
" "IL2:Cliffs of Dover" requires a Patch that enables SLI without Errors. I have managed it under DX10 and SLI, but unfortunately only with Flickering and that is useless. The Game needs Adjustments and I think therefore exists no Driver SLI Profile."

Last edited by katdogfizzow; 08-10-2011 at 05:53 AM.
Old 08-10-2011, 12:25 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwkill View Post
I don't think it is sad at all... Remember SLI only gives you real increases in performance at high resolution, somewhat at 1920x1080 but major at 2600x whatever...

This game is very hard on the gpu, 100 fps is very very good, crysis (the original) still doesn't run at 100 fps on any equipment and it is 5 years old.

Here are some benchmarks, the numbers are in frames per second http://www.tomshardware.com/charts/2...iast,2668.html

pick your card out of the list and see where you stand in today's tech. Everytime I upgrade the first thing I do is see where the cards fall...

No problems at 1680x1200; at 1920x1080px the game is smooth and playable with sli disabled, faster and stuttering with sli enabled on my oc 470gtx dual-sli (still perfectly running).
Yes, maybe today's tech is the problem, maybe the next year we'll have an optimized sim for the pixar studios' animation farm.
They're working on a "dramatic revision" of the graphic engine, maybe the answer is there...
bye
Old 08-10-2011, 03:12 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliocon View Post
Wonder if the new COD engine will work better with it? I hope they just completely cut dx9 altogether because no one is on those cards anyway.
lol make it illegal to code in DX9... "In other news, Luthier is being hauled off to jail after his forum turned on him and reported his outdated DX9 aircraft simulation to the authorities..."

I didn't notice a huge difference, but I am so happy with the way the game runs for me already that I could really care less if it gets any better from here. Of course I also spent 800 "green backs" on video hardware, so some other's may not feel that way.

My only complaint is those nasty skins that make the server studder. It would be nice if they were slowly loaded up even if that meant somebody's aircraft was metal colored for 5 - 10 seconds.
Old 08-10-2011, 06:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedLynch View Post
It certainly does for me, made a profile for "Launcher" and whatever I change in the cp has the desired effect in game/in flight.
What GFX card and drivers are you using?

Ive tried every single option in the CP and with Nvidia inspector and its had no affect at all.

what are you changing and can you show me a before and after screenshot?

Can you show the affect with FSAA X2 and your change to anything else at all.

cheers.
Old 08-10-2011, 07:11 AM
Approved Member

I spent a day trying different SLI profiles with evga last week, nothing was perfect. I'm afraid only the developer can fix this, its frustrating.
Old 08-10-2011, 10:06 AM
connie

Quote:
Originally Posted by snwkill View Post
I don't think it is sad at all... Remember SLI only gives you real increases in performance at high resolution, somewhat at 1920x1080 but major at 2600x whatever...

This game is very hard on the gpu, 100 fps is very very good, crysis (the original) still doesn't run at 100 fps on any equipment and it is 5 years old.
That's funny, Crysis runs smooth as silk at 2650 x 1600 16x AA on my machine and CloD does not do that even at 1920 x 1600 and AA off. I get micro stuttering -quite annoying. And don't tell me CloD should run slower than Crysis because that is BS. This game should be much easier to run than Crysis as is DCS A-10 a much more demanding and complex sim than this will ever be.
Old 08-10-2011, 11:07 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by connie View Post
That's funny, Crysis runs smooth as silk at 2650 x 1600 16x AA on my machine and CloD does not do that even at 1920 x 1600 and AA off. I get micro stuttering -quite annoying. And don't tell me CloD should run slower than Crysis because that is BS. This game should be much easier to run than Crysis as is DCS A-10 a much more demanding and complex sim than this will ever be.
Congrats! Other bag full of nonsense!

Amazing internet...

Here my internet browser make my VGA work at 1/4 of GPU clock with great performance! CloD must achieve the same!!!

I'll start to use "logic" here! Is really funny!
Old 08-10-2011, 11:55 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBiSoMeM View Post

Amazing internet...

Here my internet browser make my VGA work at 1/4 of GPU clock with great performance! CloD must achieve the same!!!

Compares different games is logical.
Compares softwares with completely different architecture is unlogical.
IMO the architecture of COD's graphic engine is quite dated...this is the main problem with the newer graphic cards, an optimization problem.
COD is ideally quite easy for the calculation power of a new graphic card but "speaks a different older language".
I think that now at maddox are working at an adaptation to the newer architectures.
Anyway COD will be a great sim, I trust in Oleg...
Good work and long life to Maddox games!
Old 08-10-2011, 12:00 PM
connie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoBiSoMeM View Post

Amazing internet...

Your quote is certainly an incoherent bag of nonsense. just a hyper fanby nonsense comment. What is wrong with people who go nuts over criticsm of this game? They are completely one sided and in total denial.
Old 08-10-2011, 01:22 PM
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
What GFX card and drivers are you using?

Ive tried every single option in the CP and with Nvidia inspector and its had no affect at all.

what are you changing and can you show me a before and after screenshot?

Can you show the affect with FSAA X2 and your change to anything else at all.

cheers.
Creating a profile for launcher.exe works for me (up to a point). Forcing AFR 1 & 2 defintely have an effect.. I can get 100% gpu utilisation on both cards, and a reported 60 fps but unfortunately the stuttering is so bad the actual fps looks more like 5.

What doesn't seem to work is the AA settings, I would be happy to be able to switch off in-game AA and use the other card for AA..

SLI GTX 460 1GB with 280.26 drivers.