Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover

IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover Latest instalment in the acclaimed IL-2 Sturmovik series from award-winning developer Maddox Games.

Old 08-14-2011, 01:06 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skouras View Post
i roll back to 275.33 drivers
the new ones is crappy for me..[the BFBC2 had worst performance]

No issues for me with IL2 or BFBC2 for that matter, of course I do not install the 3D crap anymore anytime they update their drivers...
Old 08-14-2011, 01:14 PM
Approved Member

what the 3d has to do with the performance
i've always install them and never had any issue..

Last edited by skouras; 08-14-2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old 08-14-2011, 01:18 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
i roll back to 275.33 drivers
the new ones is crappy for me..[the BFBC2 had worst performance]
Yeah I had the same problem with these drivers, BFBC2 seemed very notchy, so also rolled back.
Old 08-14-2011, 02:21 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tree_UK View Post
SLI has not worked correctly since day 1, I think that the clouds conflict with SLI is just a smoke screen although I could be wrong, but if I am wrong I would like to know which driver Luthier is using to get SLI working and how he has set is SLI profile up. To be honest I am not expecting an answer from him on this.
Funny as always Tree_UK , people talk about things they know nothing about, oh well, this certainly is not new...

Maybe Luthier as more important things to do so I will answer to your question, devs can rename the executable to invoke a specific profile to force AFR mode and make the driver skip any form of inter-GPU synchronizations as well as common form of CPU-GPU synchronization.
This will lead to maximum expected scaling in that system, but may introduce rendering artifacts since the driver is no longer performing all the operations required to guarantee correctness in AFR mode.
Old 08-14-2011, 03:05 PM
Tree_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefem View Post
Funny as always Tree_UK , people talk about things they know nothing about, oh well, this certainly is not new...

Maybe Luthier as more important things to do so I will answer to your question, devs can rename the executable to invoke a specific profile to force AFR mode and make the driver skip any form of inter-GPU synchronizations as well as common form of CPU-GPU synchronization.
This will lead to maximum expected scaling in that system, but may introduce rendering artifacts since the driver is no longer performing all the operations required to guarantee correctness in AFR mode.
lol, yeah, Beam me up scotty!!
Old 08-14-2011, 05:56 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
what the 3d has to do with the performance
i've always install them and never had any issue..

I dunno, it was recommended to uninstall them somewhere in these forums and it helped when I did, so I haven't been installing them anymore, and really, I dont use them so why bother.
Old 08-14-2011, 06:08 PM
Approved Member

thanks
for the info mate