Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 03-19-2011, 08:31 PM
Approved Member

Default For Luthier or Oleg...Dedicated server info please

I understand that there will be dedicated server Software sent with the game. Can you give us an idea about what system requirements we will need to run a 32/64/128 person server such as:
Ram (4,8,12gb?)
CPU (dual or quad core?)
Bandwidth per player?

thnx

Last edited by Thee_oddball; 03-20-2011 at 01:13 AM.
Old 03-19-2011, 10:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thee_oddball View Post
I understand that there will be dedicated server sent with the game. Can you give us an idea about what system requirements we will need to run a 32/64/128 person server such as:
Ram (4,8,12gb?)
CPU (dual or quad core?)
Bandwidth per player?

thnx
You mean server capacity (as in the ability to run or use a computer as a server?), because most "servers" I know off you cant normally send in a box, or even a large truck...

Sounds to me like player side hosting.

edit- added a t to the "can" to make it "cant"... silly me

Last edited by Heliocon; 03-20-2011 at 05:26 PM.
Old 03-19-2011, 11:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliocon View Post
You mean server capacity (as in the ability to run or use a computer as a server?), because most "servers" I know off you can normally send in a box, or even a large truck...

Listen servers?, no way if thats what you're implying.
It will be dedis for sure, still would be nice with the specs tho.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:39 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zauii View Post
Listen servers?, no way if thats what you're implying.
It will be dedis for sure, still would be nice with the specs tho.
You are talking about a computer you would use at home as a server correct? Helicon is talking about a profesiional server.
Old 03-20-2011, 01:16 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heliocon View Post
You mean server capacity (as in the ability to run or use a computer as a server?), because most "servers" I know off you can normally send in a box, or even a large truck...

cheeky sod or maybe i am talking about colocation at a data center in California with a synchronous 10mbit connection
Old 03-20-2011, 08:39 AM
BigPickle

Hey another arma fan, nice one. anyone know if we will be able to host from our machines like in the other IL2 games?
Old 03-20-2011, 09:10 AM
Approved Member

I'm after this info too. I have a dedicated server that I use for RoF, which doesn't have 3d capability. That is fine for dedicated software run off a command line.
What I want to know is whether COOP will be included in the CoD dedicated server.
I want to run COOPS rather than DF's and in IL2 the only way to do that was running the full game on a server with the graphics turned down.

RoF runs DF and COOP mode on their dedicated software (albeit not very well for COOP), I'd like to know whether CoD will be able to do the same.

I'm on a very good contract with my server at the moment, I got a very good deal on a monthly rolling contract. Jumped in when a new company started up. Got a 3 gig quad Xeon, 2 gig ram, 500Gig sata 3 disc for £35 per month. The company now charges £65 for the same spec. To have to give that up to upgrade to a 3d capable server would hurt. I'm sure my host would love me to move on but I ain't so keen.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:12 AM
Approved Member

http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=338
Old 03-20-2011, 09:19 AM
Approved Member

Thanks for the link Feuerfalke, but that doesn't answer any of the questions. We know dedicated software will be available with the initial release. However we would like to know the scope and requirement for dedicated software.
Old 03-20-2011, 10:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EAF92_Brigstock View Post
Thanks for the link Feuerfalke, but that doesn't answer any of the questions. We know dedicated software will be available with the initial release. However we would like to know the scope and requirement for dedicated software.
As the link says, so far it's only sure there will be a dedicated server-software. And it also says, that it will be available when the game is released.

While that answer is not satisfying, it is an answer: It's still being worked on