Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 06-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Approved Member

Default Custom IL2 control panel

Hey guys, long time player, first time poster. I've always enjoyed playing around with IL2, but wanted something to make the game feel a little more unique. I'm a pilot in real life, and just didn't like using the keyboard for everything.
Attached to this post (if i'm doing it right) should be two pictures of what i created for this game. This isn't the first controller i made, i just finished one 2 weeks ago for an old space game called Freelancer as well. However, this one incorporated a few new things like the engine selection dial, as well as the need to hit multiple buttons to create an action (so i accidentally don't bail out, or turn off the engine)
Happy Flying!

- Apache600
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_7383.JPG (814.3 KB, 141 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_7384.JPG (766.0 KB, 126 views)
Old 06-05-2012, 04:07 PM
Il-2 enthusiast & Moderator

Neat stuff. Is using it as much fun as building it, or maybe even more?
Old 06-07-2012, 02:31 AM
Approved Member

It took a bit of getting use to, but it is a lot of fun to play with. Especially when coming in to land on a carrier, just putting the aircraft in it's needed landing profile with all the switches is kinda nice. Building it was also a blast. I'm thinking about making a very in-depth one for Cliffs of Dover, and have the usb driven boards to start ... just need to think up a design and how i want it all arranged.
Old 06-07-2012, 04:10 PM
Approved Member

Wow, very nicely done. You are very tallented. It looks real!

JGP
Old 06-12-2012, 07:32 PM
Approved Member

Nice panel.

Here's one I made a few years ago now.

Old 06-12-2012, 10:42 PM
Approved Member

Nice ones here. I built one finished this year, want to build more. Dont you use more 2 position switches? Its easy, and you combine them with a small program, freeware, the SVMapper. Combined with LED´s they are very nice. I abused a little to much on the LED´s, looked like a christmass tree! Its has 2 pots axis and 2 hall sensors axis, the throttle lever has 2 buttons, and 2 spheres that make a mechanical stop between 100-110%, they are from a cabinet door lock. This was to a friend of mine, so i used a game pad board to the electronics. But best way is to use a board like LeoBodnar.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Imagem0431.jpg (67.5 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg Imagem0417.jpg (280.9 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5511.JPG (103.1 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_5512.JPG (75.2 KB, 44 views)
Old 06-28-2012, 09:10 AM
Approved Member

Those setups look really nice!
Mine is more simple but does what I want it to do.
Made it mostly because I wanted more analogues for ClOD.
3 multiturn pots for trim and 4 regular pots for other use.
16 double toggle switches = 32 buttons.
Nice to put commands on tagged switches so I don't have to memorize keyboard commands.

Multiturns for trim is great, I use geared scale so I can see the position.
The extra holes because I used pushbuttons at first but those were of inferior quality -bought cheaply from e-bay.
All are connected to the excellent card from Leo Bodnar.

Last edited by F16_Neo; 06-28-2012 at 09:12 AM.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:59 AM
Approved Member

Nice boards guys, lot's of good ideas. It's starting to give me ideas!
Old 06-29-2012, 07:45 PM
Approved Member

Very nice Neo. Dont you try to add some LED´s? One other thing you can use in the Bodnar card is the rotary encoders. If you dont know what they are, it is the volume butons of modern carr radios. Easy to connect and bodnar has a program to deal with them. I will use them for trims: If you rotate left they will push a certain button, if rotate to right it will push other button. if you buy them with push buton it can be programed to center the trim. The disavantage is you dont know trim position only by looking at the knob. The advantage is you can use it for bombsight controls, you dont have to use axis for trim, , and i think it is more sensitive the key methode than the axis one. By using pots on trim it passes 4 key inputs at once! But, as i am not sure, do some tests on it and post here. (maybe you have more acuracy with multiturn pots). I soon will start my second Throttle and will post here some pictures.
Old 06-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Approved Member

I did use cheap rotaries from ebay but they never worked out that good for me. Could never get them to react fast enough, guess you get what you pay for... And I really don't need them with all these analogues.