Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 01-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
You should remember the sound engine back then was very advanced for its time, the reason the easy way out for sound wasn't implemented by using samples was to keep online security for anti cheating, the sound engine was updated from time to time to keep the online community from hackers using sound cheats. Onboard sound was also poor back then and Soundcards were the optimum way for getting the best sound out of IL2.

Im sure that SoW will have Secure sound management, and with the better onboard sound that's around now there will be less complaints.
am talking about external tones... in how to capture them ingame to a realistic standard.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:28 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOH_Hirth View Post
My ideia would a channel sound for a "Fly by view" sound, we have a "Fly by view" buton, so when you see the pass plane you will have this sound, i dont know how better than we have, but worth try this for SOW.
thats what i mean when you key stroke a flyby view it should play in timing with the camera a audio flyby sample.
only effective way really. trying to emulate it with code parameters i think wont work as effective.

many dev companies fail in good audio , having great graphics , sadly leave the audio to the last min.

Last edited by diveplane; 01-01-2010 at 10:33 PM.
Old 01-01-2010, 10:37 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KG26_Alpha View Post
You should remember the sound engine back then was very advanced for its time, the reason the easy way out for sound wasn't implemented by using samples was to keep online security for anti cheating, the sound engine was updated from time to time to keep the online community from hackers using sound cheats. Onboard sound was also poor back then and Soundcards were the optimum way for getting the best sound out of IL2.

Im sure that SoW will have Secure sound management, and with the better onboard sound that's around now there will be less complaints.
The Il-2 Sound Engine is great. The Problem is rather the lack of different engine sounds. Actually I prefer the original Sound over the mods Sound by a very big margin. Just because it IS better, even with lots of planes having the same sound.
Old 01-01-2010, 11:13 PM
Approved Member

If you watch the bonus DVD, the team can be seen collecting sound's from aircraft...I'm certain that SOW sounds will be steller, if only because of FB sound's poor reception by most, and Oleg's resolve to get it right for those that were unsatisfied

GigaByteBoard...64bit...FX 4300 3.8, G. Skill sniper 1866 32GB, EVGA GTX 660 ti 3gb, Raptor 64mb cache, Planar 120Hz 2ms, CH controls, Tir5
Old 01-02-2010, 07:32 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlipBall View Post
If you watch the bonus DVD, the team can be seen collecting sound's from aircraft...I'm certain that SOW sounds will be steller, if only because of FB sound's poor reception by most, and Oleg's resolve to get it right for those that were unsatisfied
see if the upload a video of the audio engine in action?
Old 01-02-2010, 09:10 AM
Approved Member

UltraPack 2 does a damn good job at making the sounds more realistic IMO. The in-game 109 sounds pretty similar to the one in that vid. You also have the difference between cockpit and external sounds.
Old 07-12-2012, 05:41 PM
41Sqn_Stormcrow

EDIT: wring board. sorry