Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik

IL-2 Sturmovik The famous combat flight simulator.

Old 07-04-2012, 03:35 PM
Approved Member

Default Still Trying to Spawn AI & Human Aircraft...

Hi Everyone,
Is there a concise listing of the processes involved for spawning Human and AI aircraft in single player mode? I guess I’m a little denser than the average IL-2 1946 pilot and need it spelled out in a “cook book” format! Similar to something like this:

1) In the config.ini file under the [game] section enter the command ‘SpawnHumans=1’

2) In FMB place Stationary Aircraft same as Human and AI aircraft on Spawn Points located on map.

3) In FMB within the Object window, on the Plane tab to be spawned, click on the Spawn Point “Set” button and then click on the Stationary Aircraft located on the desired Spawn Point .

4)…..

5)…..

Anyway, I’ve gotten a few instructions on how to create spawning aircraft, but never have seen a complete explanation on the entire process. In fact I'm not sure the above processes are even correct!
Thanks for any help that can be offered!

Cheers and Happy Landings!
CraigNT
Old 07-04-2012, 08:28 PM
Approved Member

It would be a lot easier to help you if you were more specific as to exactly what you are trying to do and what problems you are having.

Also, I'm quite curious as to where you got this 'SpawnHumans=1’ entry information. I assume you're not joking, but I've never heard of such a thing. (Maybe some sort of MOD?)

Aviar
NVIDIA GTX 760 - 2GB
Creative SB ZX SBX
Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
27" AOC LED - 2752
Logitech G15 Gaming Keyboard
CH FighterStick-Pro Throttle-Pro Pedals
Logitech G13 Gameboard
GoFlight GF-T8 Module
WIN 8.1
Old 07-06-2012, 03:13 AM
Approved Member

The SpawnHumans is for spawning humans on things like artillery and ships.

To spawn from stationary planes they must be placed inside a Homebase, which is placed on an airfield/runway for them to work. You also need to tick the spawn from stationary aircraft in the homebase options box. If you do not tick this box then you will spawn at the spawn points on the map. Only works in multiplayer missions though, not single player.

To spawn AI Aircraft is just a matter of placing an Aircraft on the map (AI do not spawn from Homebases). IF you want staggered spawns, adjust the time of the first waypoint.