Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > Cryostasis > Technical issues

Technical issues Everything about technical problems and issues

Old 07-16-2009, 01:15 PM
Registered Member

Default Everything Black Issue on 9800gtx+

I've read all i found about this problem and yet i found no sollutions, hoping you can help me.

I am running Cryostasis on a Phenon II X3 710, and Geforce 9800 GTX+.

When the game begins, the intro goes on without problems, but when you start to control the character, everything is black, except for one great light. I even managed to open the hatch, but yet i can see nothing. I'd really appreciate some help.

p.s.: I've already updated nvidia drivers, physx drivers and directx 9, no changes
Old 08-25-2009, 08:23 PM
Registered Member

I had the same problem that you had and i sent a dxdiag into 1c and they were nice enough to provide me with not only the links but the actual version of direct x websetup i needed, i will do my best to pass on the info to you, i hope it works for you, it did for me. I supposedly had the latest of those as well with t he same results.

1)update your DirectX, now they provided me with the correct one, the version you need is direct x 9 websetup, file version 6.0.2600.0 295kb.

2) uninstall your current graphics card driver and restart your PC, in safe mode (press F8 during booting, to be able to select Safe mode)
While in safe mode, run this utility - http://downloads.guru3d.com/Driver-S...load-2186.html example:if you use nvdia graphics card- Choose nvidia - display, analyze, then clean.

3)Restart your PC again, in normal way and install this latest driver - http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_190.62_whql.html Assuming once again, you are using nvdia card.

I hope this helps, it did for me, i thought i wasnt going to be able to play the game but was so happy to see how nice this game actually looks and plays.