Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 05-14-2011, 08:28 AM
Approved Member

Ataros thanks for the server.. had a blast on it last night. Struggled with fps a bit, but it did not distract from the fun.
Old 05-14-2011, 08:32 AM
Approved Member

Hi Ataros,

two of us tried to use the server last night but there is still persistent blowing up when spawning. We had to give up in the end

It seems to be either an altitude thing (the a/c lurches around before blowing up) or the fact that these are usually in small shed-shaped brick buildings, not like hangars, and may just be bouncing off the walls when they try to spawn with a wing poking through the wall.

I'd like to know if you have found a way of fixing specific spawn points for a/c or if you are only using Spawn Areas. With Spawn Areas in my missions we have no problem spawning except when we spawn in one of those small curved-roof hangars (there are some at Hawkinge) where the door openings are too small to get through (!) so we just create another a/c but at least they don't blow up. When I set actual Aircaft on the runway for takeoff (with waypoints) all the aircraft spawn in exactly the same place off the runway and if we don't taxi off the spawn point the next spawn blows us up so its a slow process getting a few guys off, especially with the engine warm up periods. If you know any ways round this I'd appreciate it.

ASUS Sabertooth X58 /i7 950 @ 4GHz / 6Gb DDR3 1600 CAS8 / EVGA GTX570 GPU 1.28Gb superclocked / Crucial 128Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s, 355Mb-215Mb Read-Write / 850W PSU
Windows 7 64 bit Home Premium / Samsung 22" 226BW @ 1680 x 1050 / TrackIR4 with TrackIR5 software / Saitek X52 Pro & Rudders
Old 05-14-2011, 10:25 AM
Approved Member

Could you please report names of airfields with screenshots of troubled hungars. I'll pass them on to developers. Big hangars were fixed in the last beta based on our reports.

I noticed this issue only at Kokel airfield for Bf-109 and Markiz airfield for Blenheims and Baufighters when spawn at caponiers in my mission.

I will fix Kokel tomorrow by placing a new airfield object on top of the old airfield and moving spawnpoint closer to the center of new airfield. If you do not place a runway aircraft spawn on internal airfield radius. When runway is placed they spawn at external radius if no "airfield points" are placed. Airfield points are bagged as far as I understand, I usually do not use them. Adjust external and internal radius of new airfields to prevent the circles from crossing hangars, buildings or rough terrain.

upd. See mission with Kokel fixed attached.
Attached Files
File Type: zip BoF_1_main1_7.zip (4.5 KB, 9 views)
Old 05-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Approved Member

New mission version is up. Please share your impressions, we need your feedback.

- fixed script bugs. Many thanks go to ZaltysZ !
- fixed some hangars
- moved 1 red airfield to better location
- each side has 5 fields now
- many other small changes
Old 05-17-2011, 06:09 PM
Approved Member

Testing new script randomizing submissions load on Repka #2. Thanks to FG28_Kodiak for making this possible!
Old 05-18-2011, 04:03 AM
Approved Member

Need a reboot as of 2330 Eastern Time. Planes stacked on top of each other on the runway and nothing going on. On Repka 2.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:59 AM
Approved Member

Map update. Airfield at F5 is also available for the blue side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojovtx View Post
Need a reboot as of 2330 Eastern Time. Planes stacked on top of each other on the runway and nothing going on. On Repka 2.
Thank you very much for your notice.
Sorry, we left Repka #2 that way for developers to check what is going wrong with it as logs can not show all the problems. This morning we noticed some devs visiting the server. Repka#2 is used for testing of new features and hunting bugs. Sorry for any inconvenience it may cause. I think this will allow to have a better MP in the future.

Please join Repka #1 which is our primary server, however it also has issues sometimes of cause.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Approved Member

I may check out Repka 1 but I like full real and icons kinda kill that for me. I like ya'lls server so I may try 1 if 2 is still busy with dev work.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:11 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojovtx View Post
I may check out Repka 1 but I like full real and icons kinda kill that for me. I like ya'lls server so I may try 1 if 2 is still busy with dev work.
Thanks for your feedback again.

#1 is FullReal with ext. views
#2 has icons on

We are aiming to switch off ext.views soon. As many people do not fly on the server but just watching an airwar movie If you like airwar movies do not miss the possibility as it will be gone soon

Both servers were reloaded and are up. I hope we solved the problem you mentioned in your post.

The show starts at about 19.00 GMT )
Old 05-19-2011, 10:58 AM
Approved Member

This funny sample mission from the devs is up on Repka #3 server.
http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showpos...&postcount=133

Tanks capture airfields and move the frontline! So please check the frontline position before spawning or you can be killed by an enemy tank on spawn.

Just a sample version. More to come. have fun!