Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD Multiplayer

CoD Multiplayer Everything about multiplayer in IL-2 CoD

Old 07-30-2011, 12:00 PM
Approved Member

The coop mission according to me it's important. Listed only, in what better a coop mission (or coop mission based online war), than a dogfight server (dogfight or gogfight-war, it it doesn't matter). Most of these not the actual mistakes of the game, but the limits of the computer game.

Organization: If there are not a hierarchy, everybody is going everywhere. If there is only one target, and only one area, which it is necessary to defend, then everybody (mostly) works together. There are centres on the DF server where a lot of fight, but it not same thing.

Balance: you start simultaneously, with equal numbers. There is not wulch at the take-off, no endless refly, ect.

Less moron. Much less taran, wulch and other mindless, suicide action (my "favor": before exit, yet fall down onto somebody. )
I do not know, what is the reason, the statistics, or the rarer departure, but there really not funny these things.

Strategic decisions. This would be solvable on a server, with a online map running in a real time, but it provides an opportunity for cheating on a some kind of level.

Statistics. In an on-line war i like it, that you may build up your carreer until long time, not only the next server restart. This formality like that, what make the game more interesting.

Divided servers. Practically, the web page of the online war runs on an any kind of PC, the current servers hosting the game. The cod is heading towards the centralized networks currently, but it shows, this has how many deficiencies (there are not a redundancy, if that server crashes, it crashes everything)

Finally, but not in a last: Community. You know them, beside who (or against who) you are flying from week to week. Not "only 20 red" on the current server.

The slower gameplay, fewer actions are his disadvantage. This is true.

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Cliffs of Dover Bugtracker site: share and vote issues here
Old 07-30-2011, 12:06 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
I think that once someone comes up with an all-in-one c# module that includes statistics tracking of various parameters (kills/losses of aircraft, convoys, vehicles, etc) and uses them to influence other parameters (like moving front markers, aircraft/fuel/ammo loadout availability), there will be no more need for coops at all.
Sounds interesting.

i7 7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB Ram 3GHz, MSI GTX 1070 8GB, 27' 1920x1080, W10/64, TrackIR 4Pro, G940
Old 07-30-2011, 03:00 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackdog_kt View Post
I think that once someone comes up with an all-in-one c# module that includes statistics tracking of various parameters (kills/losses of aircraft, convoys, vehicles, etc) and uses them to influence other parameters (like moving front markers, aircraft/fuel/ammo loadout availability), there will be no more need for coops at all.

There are already various people working on parts of this and since it's a community effort with shared code, i don't think it will be long before we see this.

As for the participants, it's been possible since release to spawn a full flight of AI aircraft and have other players spawn into them (the reason you don't see it is that most servers run scripts that "clean up" AI aircraft), since the last patch it's also possible to give your flight waypoints while inside the game.

In other words, in a few months we'll have customized dynamic campaign engines running 24/7 on every server. Then, each group of players will be deciding how to better influence the outcome for their team, spawn a group of aircraft for themselves, draw up a flight plan while their engines are warming up and fly the mission.

Instead of the tedious process of fly coop, collect stats, generate next mission, host and fly next mission, repeat, it will all be done without ever leaving the server, in a persistent sandbox-type environment where the player's choice matters and where it's possible to surprise your opponents instead of having to start sorties at the exact same time. It will bring the together the teamwork of Coops with the fluidity of DF mode and the realism of mission objectives found in well done offline campaigns, so i really doubt we'll need any of the old MP modes when the new one reaches the point where it can combine and supersede all of them at the same time.

After all, Coop mode was the direct consequence of a limitation in the early IL2 versions (it was impossible to have moving AI in a sandbox-type DF server), now that the limitation is lifted there's no need to keep sticking to old habits for old habits sake alone. I'm not one who usually supports doing away with old habits just for the sake of it either, but in this case i really believe the advantages are decisive.
Blackdog, sorry mate your wrong. we need CO-OPs for training....i ran a sqd for about a year,

I dont know if you have taken part in any sqd training, but if you have 10 guys on a Thursday night, you have 2 maybe 3 hours to train.

You dont want to spend half of that time taking off and forming up and then flying to a target, what you want is to AIR START with your guys and do the training.

Then if something isn't right you can start again within 5 mins.

Or start again and try something new...

Or load up and try it from the defenders prospective...

Or again load up and split the team and fly attackers and defenders....

play with AI, play against the AI....

then all swap into bombers for a laugh and bomb the battleships with the AI defending...another mission ready to go.....click load mission....planes all set ....loadouts all right...click fly.....10 mins to target...

Then after play a 5 on 5, change 6 on 4, change plane sets, change maps...you understand?

someone says "lets do the RAF getting bounced at takeoff mission!" ok....click...load mission...all planes and loadouts done...click fly....and there you are bouncing spits at take off, with out having to take off, form up, and fly across the channel.

you simply cant do this on a DF map, it takes far too long.

all this on a thursday night.

We need both. CO-OPs and DF maps, both

We used to have prob 50 different training missions for different types of training...then another 20 missions for giggles.

understand? you tell me how we do all that with just a DF map?

Last edited by furbs; 07-30-2011 at 03:15 PM.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
Blackdog, sorry mate your wrong. we need CO-OPs for training....

I dont know if you have taken part in any sqd training, but if you have 10 guys on a Thursday night, you have 2 maybe 3 hours to train.

You dont want to spend half of that time taking off and forming up and then flying to a target, what you want is to AIR START with your guys and do the training.

then all swap into bombers for a laugh and bomb the battleships with the AI defending...another mission ready to go.....click load mission....planes all set ....loadouts all right...click fly.....10 mins to target...

Then after play a 5 on 5, change 6 on 4, change plane sets, change maps...you understand?

someone says "lets do the RAF getting bounced at takeoff mission!" ok....click...load mission...all planes and loadouts done...click fly....and there you are bouncing spits at take off, with out having to take off, form up, and fly across the channel.

We used to have prob 50 different training missions for different types of training...then another 20 missions for giggles.

+1 we NEED COOP its perfect for training...

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiThSpAwN View Post
Its a glass half full/half empty scenario, we all know the problems, we all know what needs to be fixed it just some people focus on the water they have and some focus on the water that isnt there....
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 | Intel i7 930 | Corsair H70 | ATI 5970 | 6GB Kingston DDR3 | Intel 160GB G2 | Win 7 Ultimate 64 Bit |
MONITOR: Acer S243HL.
CASE: Thermaltake LEVEL 10.
INPUTS: KG13 Warthog, Saitek Pedals, Track IR 4.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:16 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by furbs View Post
Blackdog, sorry mate your wrong. we need CO-OPs for training....

You can make airstarts in the so-called "DF maps". You can play with the AI. You can play against the AI.

You can simply load a new mission. People act like there's no FMB in this game. There is. You can script bombers to attack a base, you can script all sorts of things.

You had 50 different training missions? Ok so what's stopping you from making 50 different training missions and simply loading the one you want?

Oh, that's right, people are threatened by change.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:22 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDoggles View Post
You can make airstarts in the so-called "DF maps". You can play with the AI. You can play against the AI.

You can simply load a new mission. People act like there's no FMB in this game. There is. You can script bombers to attack a base, you can script all sorts of things.

You had 50 different training missions? Ok so what's stopping you from making 50 different training missions and simply loading the one you want?

Oh, that's right, people are threatened by change.
Ok, how do all 10 guys flying 5 vs 5 start together, head to head, a mile apart at 20,000 ft? with a DF map?
Old 07-30-2011, 03:24 PM
Approved Member

And what wrong with having both? ive never said lets get rid of DFs, we need both.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:41 PM
Approved Member

Or, to make things as simple and easy as IL2, have CO-OPs ?

try getting 10 guys to "jump in" at the right time....good luck with that, been there, done it.....doesnt work.
Old 07-30-2011, 03:53 PM
Approved Member

So we add the screen for readying up,...and what have we got?

sorry yellownet, just read your post.
Old 07-30-2011, 04:48 PM
Approved Member

I reply in this topic, the other one really off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesehawk View Post
You cannot sit into a aircraft, only if the map icons are switched on (or you have to click blindly). But this would not be trouble if it would be possible to make a choice, that shows at the time of starting only, and own side icons only. It would be good, if the names, or at least the plane numbers shows on the map. Plus, if there would be a system, which supervises the start, (and meanwhile provides an opportunity for looking of the mission), this new system would know everything then, that the old one il-2.

To a previous topic. The private server solved some problem, and causes others. I do not want to filter the peoples, and I do not want to bring it back the old coop system of Il-2. Because CloD concept is better. But there are a couple of ideas, what others related here, with what it would be possible to make the game better.

Last edited by VO101_Tom; 07-30-2011 at 06:03 PM.