Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 06-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Approved Member

Default Birds of steel???!

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/05/25/birds-of-steel/

Really?
Old 06-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Approved Member

I hadn't realised this is actually by Gaijin Entertainment, the people who brought IL2 to the console market. Their working title is "World of Planes" ... http://gaijinent.com/en/games/worldofplanes/ and it is a collaberation with Konami, http://www.konami.com/article/KONAMI...ING_PILOTS/217.

PPP
Intel Core i7 2600 3.4 GHz | 1GB Gainward GTX 460 GS | Corsair 4GB XMS3 PC3-12800 1600MHz (1x4GB) | Gigabyte GA-P67A-UD3P B3 (Intel P67) | Windows 7 Home Premium 64 BIT | 600W PSU | 1 TB SATA-II HDD 7200 32MB | 22" Samsung T220 screen.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:28 AM
Approved Member

Yes, really. I think it's an an interesting project, though I have a feeling that a discussion can quickly polarize on a forum as this.

Gaijin is very good at making titles which I describe as "action-packed arcade experiences, visualized in a semi-realistic manner". Most of their products are aimed at an intial audience of console-gamers. In the case of the PC-version of Wings of Prey, they even made an effort to improve on the simulator aspects. (Though I don't think they aimed to build a full sim). This one could be nice as well.
Old 06-07-2011, 07:38 AM
Approved Member

when wings of prey first came out, the graphics looked (and still does look) pretty impressive. But looking at this trailer, it's even more of an arcade game than WOP. and for 2011 standards, the graphics doesn't look that good. and it probably has a non-existing FM, analogous to the H.A.W.X..
So, definitely not my type of game.
Old 06-07-2011, 08:07 AM
Approved Member

It still has 6-8 months of development and at-least the trailer is from the PS3 and 360 Consoles, so the PC version will be more detailed according to Gaijin.

I'm looking forward to it as I don't like to limit my gaming solely to perfect simulation, but I guess that once it is released it will be playable?

Cheers, MP
Old 06-07-2011, 08:19 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lololopoulos View Post
So, definitely not my type of game.

I don't mind arcade games at all. I've played the Ace Combat series for years and liked it for what it is.
What I don't like are games that try to satisfy both the arcade crowd and the simulator guys, as it usually it ends up a being neither one nor the other.

If I want a proper simulator, I'll stick to Clod.
If I want a proper arcade experience, I'll stick with Ace Combat or something similar.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:06 AM
BigPickle

follow up to birds of prey, looks quite good, obviously same engine which is cool because it should be updated.
Old 06-07-2011, 11:16 AM
Approved Member

Going down the World of Tanks-MMO route doesn't seem like to bad of a step for me. This might actually be fun as long as you don't excpect realism.