Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Other > Other Topics

Other Topics Feel free to discuss other topics here.

Old 04-30-2009, 10:31 AM
Approved Member

Demo is available on xbl now.
Old 05-01-2009, 04:39 AM
Global Moderator

The really sad part is... they expended enough effort to have produced a really decent PC based CFS software, that would have had great possibilities for future addons,etc.

As it is, they'll bring it out for the quick gamer bucks and have to make another complete application again for the next go round. LOL

The explosions and pyros are plenty noisy and exciting. A lot going on.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:29 PM
Approved Member

I'm having fun playing the demo (after I invert the axis and change control from right to left thumbstick) but it is sadly still very arcade like. The voice over is maddening, and fortunately, can be turned down. The planes look great and I'm just delighted that there is a well modeled virtual cockpit - despite the fact that none of the dials work. Also there is no way of knowing what your altitude is. Dog fights should be a lot of fun online though and, as someone said here, more than enough to keep us occupied until IL-2 comes out. I can't help feeling a little put off by the super arcade feel of the game, although there are options to reduce the amount of info on the HUD.
Old 05-04-2009, 01:57 AM
Approved Member

I think you guys are missing the proper perspective of the game. It's not a flight game. This is a strategy game that you can jump into if you want to, you don't even have to control things directly and the AI will generally do a pretty good job of it (at least it was good in Midway).
Old 05-04-2009, 05:35 AM
Approved Member

Hmm well i get the point of the game. I think i'm just too busy to put in the time it deserves.

Good on them for doing something different though, i think that in itself is deserving of praise.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:02 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raw Kryptonite View Post
I think you guys are missing the proper perspective of the game. It's not a flight game. This is a strategy game that you can jump into if you want to, you don't even have to control things directly and the AI will generally do a pretty good job of it (at least it was good in Midway).
Thanks Raw, I never looked at the game that way, and the way you've explained it makes it all the more appealing now