Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover > CoD download, installation and activation threads

CoD download, installation and activation threads All discussions about installation, online activation and Steam

Old 03-30-2011, 07:01 PM
Approved Member

I's a simulation so your lot being late to the party is accurate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangio View Post
Grrrrrrrr

So how can I go about getting an EU version in english language? Crazy to make us US folk wait another 3 weeks!

Fang
Old 03-30-2011, 07:10 PM
Approved Member

Gah, I've tried to be patient too, but now I'm getting frustrated as many of you. I wonder what the deal is with these different dates for different countries...it's not like they're printing a lot of disks, since you buy it on line in steam. March 31st is in 3 hours for me, I was happy all day today until i found this out hahaha...

Anyway let's be patient I'm sure the wait will be worth wile, and the head start the russians had with the earlier release won't mean nothing when I'm up there pushing my trigger, oooaaaaoooo bakabakabakaba, piow piow zwomp...KABOOM!!! Blimey m8ey, nice shot! Argh ish been shotsen in my ge airleon controlen, ish gecrashen in der wasser!!
Old 03-30-2011, 07:22 PM
Approved Member

Yeah, I'm sitting up til 01:00 tonight to see if I can activate it. Steam still says "APPROX" 22 hours. Havn't even heard shit from Ubi.com so still waiting intensely, alone, in the light of my monitor...
Old 03-30-2011, 09:13 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fangio View Post
Grrrrrrrr

So how can I go about getting an EU version in english language? Crazy to make us US folk wait another 3 weeks!

Fang
Probably not what you want to hear but it's region locked anyway due to Steam: even if you get an EU version you probably won't be able to run it until the US release date.

The only way to do it is use a proxy server with an EU-based IP to get an EU version (boxed or download) and keep using the same fake IP until your own release date, but i think you run the risk of having your steam account banned in such a case--->money down the drain since you apparently can't use it without a working steam account.

It's this bunch of conflicting conundrums that make me dislike the mandatory steam use. You pay for it, you play it, that's how it should really be.
Old 03-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Approved Member

Hey. I did see that the game was out. No pre-order any more in the Steam meny... Did think. ****! I did pre-order the game and need to wait to the clock is 20.00 tomorrow..
Restarted Steam and WOLLA!
Installing the game!
Old 03-30-2011, 10:24 PM
Approved Member

At 23:59 local time, release was in APPROX 20 hours.... a minute later... the opposite result of "2 weeks be sure"?

see guys! Steam isn't so bad after all