Fulqrum Publishing Home   |   Register   |   Today Posts   |   Members   |   UserCP   |   Calendar   |   Search   |   FAQ

Go Back   Official Fulqrum Publishing forum > Fulqrum Publishing > King's Bounty > King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North

King`s Bounty: Warriors of the North Next game in the award-winning King’s Bounty series

Old 11-10-2012, 10:53 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zechnophobe View Post
In regards to 'troop'. I'm thinking about making a pass to cleanup language there. I feel like 'stack' is often clearer, but slightly jargony. "Unit" seems to not imply the full group. Troop is used in some places but not all. Not sure which one I'll go with.
Hmm I feel troop covers it well. Stack is more like a stack of cards, not sure it works that well with a stack of creatures. Same goes for 'band'. Unit can be ok to use in cases where each 10 units make a troop / band / mob / stack / pile stronger.
Old 11-11-2012, 06:12 PM
Approved Member

I also like the term troops.

This just in from the bugs thread - can you add a quest tag to the item "Werewolf skin"? Not sure if that is handled via the description or not, but if so it is should have this tag but it's missing it.
Old 11-13-2012, 01:32 PM
Approved Member

I just have to comment on this talent (running the unmodified game)...

The Demon Unit has a Talent called "Bloody Pentagram" with the description "Creates a bloody pentagram, which..." This made me laugh real loud. In my ears this is just the British version of "******* Pentagram" with the description "Creates a ******* pentagram, which..." as an American would have said. Now, according to dictionaries, the word "bloody" can mean blood-strained among other things. But in my ears the word "bloody" has become identical to the word "****". The only difference is whether or not it is a Brit or American talking. Since I am Norwegian with only a limited insight into both British and US English I might be wrong. But I feel that "Blood-strained Pentagram" or just "Blood Pentagram" would be better. Then on the other hand, games are created to entertain people, and the current wording made me laugh, so maybe it shouldn't be changed...

Note: I actually wrote the real word instead of the ********, but it was censored by the forum. I guess you can imagine what word I am hinting at. It starts with F

Oh, talking about Demons. The price of the Demon is priceless!!! (being 666)

Last edited by ivra; 11-13-2012 at 01:43 PM. Reason: Excplaining the ***********
Old 11-15-2012, 07:49 PM
Approved Member

"Frozen" effect reduces attack and defense by 20%, I think. This is not mentioned in the description of the effect (for burning or poison, there is something in the description mentioning that defense/attack is reduced). This is a significant debuff, and makes blizzard and other cold spells even better...
Old 11-15-2012, 08:43 PM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xargon View Post
"Frozen" effect reduces attack and defense by 20%, I think. This is not mentioned in the description of the effect (for burning or poison, there is something in the description mentioning that defense/attack is reduced). This is a significant debuff, and makes blizzard and other cold spells even better...
I believe what you are seeing is the morale penalty of having a negative effect on a unit. If you have one negative, zero positive, effects, you will get -1 Morale. -1 Morale gives -20% defense, attack, and I think some penalty to critical hit chance).
Old 11-15-2012, 10:25 PM
Approved Member

Ah, sorry, you are probably right. I'm too tired to check right now, but I did not account for morale.
(I'll still have to check though, as it was definitely 20% and I only the cold effect - there were 2 stacks of cyclopses, one with the cold effect and one without, that I observed)

edit: OK, I guess I made even more of a fool out of myself... 20% is the penalty for -1 morale, right?

Last edited by Xargon; 11-16-2012 at 08:30 AM.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:51 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xargon View Post
Ah, sorry, you are probably right. I'm too tired to check right now, but I did not account for morale.
(I'll still have to check though, as it was definitely 20% and I only the cold effect - there were 2 stacks of cyclopses, one with the cold effect and one without, that I observed)

edit: OK, I guess I made even more of a fool out of myself... 20% is the penalty for -1 morale, right?
If you mouseover the morale icon, it should tell you the current morale effect.
Old 11-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Approved Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nirual View Post
If you mouseover the morale icon, it should tell you the current morale effect.
Yes, but I was not at home, so I could not check... but of course, Zechnophobe was right and it was just -1 morale because of one negative effect.
Old 11-17-2012, 04:01 PM
Approved Member

The droid optimization module description says "+25% resistance to droids". It grants your droids 25% magic resistance, none of the other resistances (this is likely intended, but unclear from the description).
Old 11-20-2012, 05:23 AM
Registered Member

I have a bugged achievement, Favorite of the Valkyrie's Award - now specifies their boons instead of abilities.what boons?how to use it?sorry for the bad language.
thx you